Here are the updates made to Black Desert on April 13, 2022.
(Patch size: approx. 1.22 MB)
- Please note that the update for Steam may be larger than the size listed above.
※ Please read below for details.
Event 1. Upgrade Your Trial Pass to a Game Pass!
- April 13, 2022 (Wed) after maintenance - May 4, 2022 (Wed) 23:59
Event 2. Taking Care of Ellie
- April 14, 2022 (Thu) 00:00 – April 27, 2022 (Wed) before maintenance
Event 3. Egg-cellent Flondor Eggs
- April 14, 2022 (Thu) 00:00 – April 27, 2022 (Wed) before maintenance
Event 4. Team Building with Guild Missions
- April 13, 2022 (Wed) after maintenance - April 27, 2022 (Wed) before maintenance
Event 5. Milestone Gifts for New Adventurers
- April 13, 2022 (Wed) after maintenance - July 6, 2022 (Wed) before maintenance
MAJOR UPDATES - Background Music Revamp
- The playback system will now play several tracks in succession, instead of repeating the same track over and over again for the same region.
- Combat music will now fade while fighting normal monsters; in areas with constant combat, music that best suits the specific region will play.
※ We plan to add horse riding music in a future update.
NEW & IMPROVEMENTS
● Changed all characters Lv. 20 and below to be revived with full health restored.
● Slash - Changed the required levels to learn each rank. Adjusted III to V damage accordingly.
● Slash - Changed to now combo itself from attack 2.
● Changed the main weapon skills displayed in the skill guide.
- Required levels: 1/16/24/32/40/46/48/50/52/54 → 1/5/10/16/25/31/39/44/48/53
● Beastly Wind Slash (I to Extreme) - Changed the damage as follows.
- 252/312/473/636/816% → 328/406/615/827/1061%
● Fierce Strike (I to Ultimate) - Changed the damage as follows.
- Attack damage: 327/424/521/618/715/811% → 425/551/677/803/930/1054%
- Extra attack damage (III to Ultimate) : 677/803/930/1054% → 880/1044/1209/1370%
● Frenzied Destroyer (I to VI) - Changed the damage as follows.
- Attack damage: 251/277/439/493/534/590% → 301/332/527/592/641/708%
- Extra attack damage: 260/311/361/412/465/606% → 312/373/433/494/558/727%
● Fireball (I to IV) - Changed the damage as follows.
- 483/537/799/862% → 725/850/975/1100%
● Fireball Explosion (I to III) - Changed the damage as follows.
- 413/486/559% → 620/810/1000%
● Lightning (I to V) - Changed the damage as follows.
- 419/495/557/605/637% → 629/734/839/944/1049%
● Residual Lightning (I to IV) - Changed the damage as follows.
- Attack damage: 280/377/474/571% → 363/585/807/1029%
- Last attack damage: 336/452.4/568.8/685.2% → 436/702/968/1235%
● Lightning Chain (I to IV) - Changed the damage as follows.
- 242/332/376/428% → 435/488/541/594%
● Lightning Storm (I to III) - Changed the damage as follows.
- 343/467/591% → 515/665/815%
● Freeze (I to V) - Changed the damage as follows.
- 230/286/332/367/393% → 345/380/415/450/485%
● Frigid Fog (I to IV) - Changed the damage as follows.
- 205/292/379/466% → 308/462/616/770%
● Earthquake (I to IV) - Changed the damage as follows.
- 480/622/763/905% → 624/874/1124/1374%
● Meteor Shower (I to III) - Changed the damage as follows.
- Attack damage: 579/683/787% → 753/990/1227%
- Meteor attack damage: 617/723/801% → 802/1068/1334%
● Improved movements during auto-navigation to appear more natural.
● Improved HP bar/Family name and other UI features to no longer overlap with her character if her height was customized to max height.
● Markthanan's Flourish - Improved the camera effect to display more naturally.
● Dragon's Advance - Improved to combo more smoothly from moving forward or sprinting.
● Azure Onslaught - Changed to combo from jumping forward.
● Azure Onslaught - Changed the down slashing animation to occur faster.
● Azure Onslaught - Improved to combo more smoothly into other skill.
● Markthanan's Scale - Improved to now be cancellable by pressing the "Q" key once more.
● Prime: Markthanan's Scale - Improved to now be cancellable more quickly.
● Brimbolt Strike, Flow: Brimbolt Wave - Changed to now be comboed into Slayer Training's attack 2.
● Embers - Changed to now spin and deal the down slash animation more quickly.
● Omnislash, Skewer - Changed to now stab with the Slayer more quickly during the skill.
● Flow: Asphyxiate - Changed the preceding skill to Skewer I.
● Abyssal Fang - Improved to now activate the skill by spinning your character based on the direction the camera is facing.
● Markthanan's Dominion - Changed Azure Onslaught or Markthanan's Breath to have a higher priority to activate when pressing directional keys over this skill
● Dragon's Maw - Increased the activation speed of attack 2.
● Markthanan's Heart - Improved to now apply its effects to Black Spirit: Markthanan's Flourish and Black Spirit: Blazing Strike during the skill. The skill description has been changed accordingly.
● Improved the slowdown effect on hits for the following skills.
- Markthanan's Flourish, Brimbolt Strike, Flow: Brimbolt Wave, Markthanan's Scale, Dragonwalk, Azure Onslaught, Flow: Markthanan's Wings, Flow: Markthanan's Claws
● Markthanan's Dominion - Improved to now combo more smoothly into Dragonwalk and Brimbolt Raze.
● Brimbolt Raze - Improved to now recover ions not only for pulled target hits.
● Omnislash - Improved to now combo from Dragonwalk and Refraction with its attack 2.
● Azure Onslaught - Improved to combo more smoothly into Markthanan's Dominion.
● Blazing Strike - Improved to activate instantly when comboed from the following skills.
- Skewer, Flow: Markthanan's Claws, Flow: Markthanan's Wings, Omnislash attack 1, Markthanan's Flourish
● Flow: Asphyxiate - Improved to activate faster when used after Blazing Strike.
● Dragonwalk - Improved to combo more smoothly into Skewer.
● Markthanan's Flourish (I to Absolute) - Fixed the issue where the skill would activate once more when comboed into Flow: Markthanan's Wings or Refraction.
● Markthanan's Scale - Changed the part of the skill description about charging ions since the skill does not actually charge ions.
● Fixed the issue where abnormal movements would be displayed when holding Directional Keys + SPACE after jumping to the left or right in a non-combat stance.
● Embers - Fixed the issue where it wouldn't be activated while moving.
● Fixed the issue where your slayer would appear abnormal when sprinting after dismounting your horse.
● Markthanan's Flourish - Fixed the issue where Sprint attacks of Slayer Training would continue when the skill is locked or not learned.
● Fixed the issue where your character's movements would appear abnormal when mounting a fast horse in combat stance.
● Dragonwalk - Fixed the issue where the motion would appear abnormal when comboing into Skewer.
● Fixed the issue where your character's shard would appear abnormal when jumping over walls while sprinting.
● Prime: Dragonborn Constitution - Fixed the issue where the effect that removes the "Movement, Attack, Casting Speed decrease for nearby allies" effect wouldn't be applied.
● Markthanan's Heart - Fixed the issue where the effects wouldn't be applied under certain circumstances.
● Brimbolt Raze - Fixed the issue where all 10 targets would be pulled in after other skills, regardless of the skill level.
● Dragon's Maw IV - Fixed the issue where the attack 1 damage and effects wouldn't be applied when comboing with other skills.
● Abyssal Fang - Fixed the issue where comboing into Dragon's Maw wouldn't display visual effects.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't use Processing with Shattered Dragon's Malice even when Heating 15 Dragon Scale Fossils with the effect of Ceaseless Vengeance.
- When you have completed the Season Pass objectives by talking to the Black Spirit without completing the following quests, we made improvements so you can receive information about the quests by talking to Fughar.
- [Suggested] [Lv. 51] Mediah: The Legendary Blacksmith
- [Suggested] [ADV Support] Fairy, Mysterious Companion
- [Suggested] [Lv. 58] Naderr's Band
- [Suggested] [Lv. 60] Bag of the Stars
* You can only talk to Fughar if you've completed the preceding requirements.
- Added a text describing how you can complete Equipping Naru Adventure Gear 2 to 5 by talking to the Black Spirit after changing the pertaining gear into Tuvala gear.
- The objective of How to Perfect Your Skills, where you have to talk to a Skill Instructor, was improved to be able to be completed from Sarma Anin in Altinova as well.
- Temporary titles (90 Days) have been awarded to Adventurers who own either gold, silver, or bronze Black Spirit icons.
- Temporary titles (90 Days) have also been awarded to Adventurers who own either gold, silver, or bronze Black Spirit icons in any of the 24 Hall of Adventurers Chat Groups.
- All titles awarded for chat group rankings on Jan 19, 2021 (Wed) will be deleted during Apr 20, 2022 (Wed) maintenance.
|Lunar Halo Inn||Protector of Newbies||Luminary of Newbies||Herald of Newbies|
|Dancing Marlin Tavern||Oh Captain, My Captain||Reliable First Mate||Hardworking Steerer|
|Battle Arena||Fist of Legend||Born to Fight||Backstreet Fighter|
|Hystria Ruins||Relentless Slayer||Perceptive Hunter||Clever Tracker|
|Florin Neighborhood Meeting||Touch of Midas||Crafty||Diligent Life Skiller|
|Garnier Troupe||Virtuoso||Genius Composer||Rhapsodist|
|Heidel's Street||City Celebrity||Famed Storyteller||Street Herald|
|Hall of Adventurers||Pathfinder||Role Model||Mentor|
|Elixir of Amity
Improved Elixir of Amity
Elixir of Thorn
Elixir of Sharp Thorn
Strong Resurrection Elixir
Elixir of Human Hunt
Elixir of Perfect Human Hunt
Elixir of Frenzy
Elixir of Endless Frenzy
Golden Hand Elixir
Glorious Golden Hand Elixir
Elixir of Draining
Elixir of Strong Draining
Elixir of Demihuman Hunt
Fierce Demihuman Hunting Elixir
Elixir of Perforation
Elixir of Brutal Perforation
Elixir of Energy
Surging Energy Elixir
Elixir of Wings
Soaring Wings Elixir
Elixir of Death
Brutal Death Elixir
Elixir of Wind
Elixir of Flowing Wind
Elixir of Swiftness
Elixir of Intrepid Swiftness
Elixir of Spells
Elixir of Agile Spells
Elixir of Seal
Agile Seal Elixir
|Elixir of Time
Elixir of Flowing Time
Elixir of Training
Elixir of Expert Training
Elixir of Shock
Elixir of Strong Shock
[Mix] EXP-Reaper Elixir
[Mix] Time-Training Elixir
[Mix] Swiftness-Wind-Spell Elixir
[Mix] Manhunt-Rage Elixir
[Mix] Thorn-Defense Elixir
Surging Weenie Elixir
Reliable Looney Elixir
Splendid Helix Elixir
Elixir of Skill
Elixir of Infinite Skill
Elixir of Mastery
Elixir of Labor
Elixir of Armor
Elixir of Improved Mastery
Elixir of Rough Labor
Elixir of Corrupted Armor
Elixir of Destruction
Elixir of Lethal Destruction
Elixir of Persistence
Elixir of Endless Persistence
Elixir of Brawn
Elixir of Raw Brawn
|[Party] Elixir of Detection
[Party] Elixir of Lethal Assassin
[Party] Elixir of Sharp Detection
[Party] Elixir of Concentration
[Party] Elixir of Advanced Concentration
[Party] Elixir of Will
[Party] Elixir of Remarkable Will
[Party] Elixir of Fury
[Party] Elixir of Endless Fury
[Party] Elixir of Resistance
[Party] Elixir of Sharp Resistance
[Party] Elixir of Life
[Party] Elixir of Strong Life
[Party] Elixir of Mentality
[Party] Elixir of Clear Mentality
[Party] Grim Reaper's Elixir
[Party] Grim Soul Reaper's Elixir
[Party] EXP Elixir
[Party] Splendid EXP Elixir
[Party] Defense Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Steel Defense
[Party] Elixir of Carnage
[Party] Elixir of Brutal Carnage
[Party] Elixir of Sky
[Party] Merciless Sky Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Endurance
[Party] Elixir of Overwhelming Endurance
[Party] Worker's Elixir
[Party] Skilled Worker's Elixir
[Party] Fisher's Elixir
[Party] Skilled Fisher's Elixir
[Party] Griffon's Elixir
[Party] Strong Griffon's Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Time
|Elixir of Assassination
Elixir of Lethal Assassin
Elixir of Detection
Elixir of Sharp Detection
Elixir of Concentration
Elixir of Advanced Concentration
Elixir of Will
Elixir of Remarkable Will
Elixir of Fury
Elixir of Endless Fury
Elixir of Resistance
Elixir of Sharp Resistance
Elixir of Life
Elixir of Strong Life
Elixir of Mentality
Elixir of Clear Mentality
Grim Reaper's Elixir
Grim Soul Reaper's Elixir
Splendid EXP Elixir
Elixir of Steel Defense
Elixir of Carnage
Elixir of Brutal Carnage
Elixir of Sky
Merciless Sky Elixir
Elixir of Endurance
Elixir of Overwhelming Endurance
Skilled Worker's Elixir
Skilled Fisher's Elixir
Strong Griffon's Elixir
|[Party] Elixir of Amity
[Party] Improved Elixir of Amity
[Party] Elixir of Thorn
[Party] Elixir of Sharp Thorn
[Party] Resurrection Elixir
[Party] Strong Resurrection Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Human Hunt
[Party] Elixir of Perfect Human Hunt
[Party] Elixir of Frenzy
[Party] Elixir of Endless Frenzy
[Party] Golden Hand Elixir
[Party] Glorious Golden Hand Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Draining
[Party] Elixir of Strong Draining
[Party] Elixir of Demihuman Hunt
[Party] Fierce Demihuman Hunting Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Perforation
[Party] Elixir of Brutal Perforation
[Party] Elixir of Energy
[Party] Surging Energy Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Wings
[Party] Soaring Wings Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Death
[Party] Brutal Death Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Wind
[Party] Elixir of Flowing Wind
[Party] Elixir of Swiftness
[Party] Elixir of Intrepid Swiftness
[Party] Elixir of Spells
[Party] Elixir of Agile Spells
[Party] Elixir of Seal
[Party] Agile Seal Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Assassination
|[Party] Elixir of Flowing Time
[Party] Elixir of Training
[Party] Elixir of Expert Training
[Party] Elixir of Shock
[Party] Elixir of Strong Shock
[Party] Weenie Elixir
[Party] Surging Weenie Elixir
[Party] Looney Elixir
[Party] Reliable Looney Elixir
[Party] Helix Elixir
[Party] Splendid Helix Elixir
[Party] Elixir of Destruction
[Party] Elixir of Lethal Destruction
[Party] Elixir of Persistence
[Party] Elixir of Endless Persistence
[Party] Elixir of Brawn
[Party] Elixir of Raw Brawn
Melee AP Enhancer
Ranged AP Enhancer
Magic AP Enhancer
Knockback/Floating Resistance Enhancer
Knockdown/Bound Resistance Enhancer
Grapple Resistance Enhancer
Melee Damage Reducer
Ranged Damage Reducer
Magic Damage Reducer
● Added text to Finto's Strong Fence describing how you can exchange for one by accepting a quest from Kalu in Velia if you are at least Farming Master 1.
● Improved the following for the GM's Blessing items:
- All the GM's Blessing items were improved to have a 1 hour cooldown.
- The issue where the buffs wouldn't reset when using the GM's Blessing items with lesser buffs was fixed.
● Changed Drakania's sub-weapon, the shard, that was converted with the Sub-weapon Exchange Coupon to be registerable on the Central Market again.
● Changed the Premium Container to now be stored in your Pearl inventory instead of your regular inventory.
- Premium Containers kept in your inventory without being installed will be retrieved then sent to your in-game mailbox.
QUEST & KNOWLEDGE
● Improved the following for the [Drakania Succession] questline:
- The descriptions on the quest objectives for [Drakania Succession] Sorrow of the Soul and [Drakania Succession] Resentment of the Soul were improved to be clearer.
- The [Drakania Succession] Guest from Memory Lane quest was improved to have better navigation.
- Changed parts of the cutscene for the [Drakania Succession] Awakened Shard quest to be more natural.
● Fixed the issue where your character couldn't move under certain circumstances after the cutscene for "[Everfrost] The Trial of the First Witch" plays.
NPC, BACKGROUND, SOUND● Improved certain parts of the terrain where the World Boss Karanda spawns (Karanda Ridge) to no longer impact character movement.
● Girgo Viano, who stopped by Eilton to see the new Mountain of Eternal Winter expansion, has now left thoroughly impressed with what she saw.
● Added a Drakania loading screen.
- Igor Bartali, Edan, Jarette Domongatt, Emma Bartali, and Eileen
● Added a new colored icon for a Fence with crops that can be harvested (R) or undergo plant breeding (F5) when viewed on the World Map (M).
● Added a keyguide for the gamepad commands for the Observe function of Arena of Arsha in Gamepad UI mode.
● Improved the Select Starting Zone window image of the region you did not select to now appear darker.
● Improved the click so that you can more clearly discern when you've clicked the Enhance button on the Enhancement window.
WEB● Changed all Adventurers who have deleted their account to appear as "Unknown" in all official Black Desert web content such as the Adventurer's Board and Beauty Album.
● Changed so that background images are displayed naturally when there are no videos playing on the uppermost part of the main page.
● Changed the Eternal Winter New Outfit Box and Eternal Winter New Pet included in the Eternal Winter Edition to have actual names.
● Changed OpenID accounts to now be required to be converted to Pearl Abyss accounts when logging in.
● Fixed the issue where the notification email for inactive accounts wouldn't be sent properly in certain situations.
● Improved the Pearl Abyss bar on the upper part of the screen to immediately appear upon accessing the official website.
● Added a line that distinguishes the body section and the bottom section on the Adventurer's Guide page.
● Fixed the issue where the check box for selecting your region on the bottom would appear abnormal in certain resolutions.
● Changed so that you can't search the Guild and Adventurer menus of the official website with only part of a guild, Family, or character name.
Translation● Changed the following term in Turkish:
- Kaybolan Ejderhanın Düşünceleri to Parçalanmış Ejderha Düşünceleri.
CHANGES & FIXES● [All Classes] Changed weapon visibility for the Oblivion Outfit so that weapons carried on your characters back are no longer displayed when idle.
● Fixed the issue where the Vahmalkea Matchlock was not removed when you moved out of the Atoraxxion area.
● Fixed the issue where certain parts of Sycrakea's terrain appeared abnormal.
● Fixed the issue where the group command for pets didn't apply properly in certain situations.
● Fixed the issue where characters' movements appeared abnormal in certain parts of the Serene Spring.
● Fixed the issue where certain trees appeared abnormal in Khalk Canyon.
● Fixed the issue where the scroll bar for search results in the Central Market would display abnormally after using auto arrange on your Central Market warehouse.
● Fixed the issue where the "Miss" effect would be displayed if the targets died mid-attack and you continued to attack.
● Fixed the issue where the O'dyllita region would appear abnormal on the World Map (M).
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't check the node tax info from the Node Managers at Pujiya Canyon and Bashim Base.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't search Oblivion outfit from the Fashion Album on the Pearl Shop.
● Fixed the issue where the background music would stop during gameplay.
● Fixed the issue where the message displayed during the quest, "[Everfrost] The Trial of the First Witch," would be displayed for other Adventurers as well.
● Fixed the issue where you couldn't enter Erethea's Limbo.
● Fixed the issue where using the Find NPC function to find a nearby General Goods Vendor would navigate you to the NPCs, Liana and Ludowig.
● Fixed the issue where the Drakania icon would appear abnormal on certain UIs.
● Fixed the issue where Aerus, the child stacking stone pagodas near Camp Balacs, would have his name displayed differently from his actual name.
● Changed the quest requirement for [Everfrost] Search for the Holy Flame to be displayed as follows:
- Complete Atoraxxion Part 2 Sycrakea Main Questline or [Crossroad] Mountain of Eternal Winter Quest
● Changed the quest objective for [Daily] Dreadwinter Possessed Beings to match the quest description.
● Changed the Voice of the Deer, Falconi, to the Voice of the Foxes on the Quest Summary window of [Daily] Settlement Defense I (Easy) and [Daily] Settlement Defense II (Hard).
Recent Major Updates
To help newer or returning Adventurers keep up with the latest updates, we’ve compiled a list of some of our recent major updates.
♣ For Progression-focused Adventurers:
Want to earn rewards while learning about the world of Black Desert?
Explore the vast world of Black Desert one step at a time with the Progression Pass!
Equipment for new Adventurers that will help you on your journey!
No more tedious prep for enhancements!
You can now use Black Stones to directly increase enhancement chance.
Complete the “Old Moon Guild’s New Deal” questline to earn Boss gear with the HIGHEST level of enhancement: PEN (V)!
Obtain an accessory with the HIGHEST level of enhancement through a questline that you can complete once per Family!
★ For Combat-focused Adventurers:
A new battlefield was added to Red Battlefield PvP content.
Junk loot of monster zones in the Valencia region have been revamped to be more profitable!
New sub-materials for Ornette’s and Odore’s Spirit Essence have been added to the game
Boost your progression with increased Caphras Stone drop rates in various monster zones!
Hadum spreads her dark influence into Serendia. Fight the fearsome and powerful monsters of Serendia’s Elvia Relam!
♥ For Amusement-seeking Adventurers:
|New Minigame Yar!
A new card game that anyone can enjoy has been added! Play against NPCs and other Adventurers in the new minigame, Yar!
[Update] April 27, 2022 (Wed) Update Details Pet Looting Improvements & Serendia Elvia Realm Changes / Last Edited: 2022/05/03 12:52 (GMT +3) 2022-04-27
[Update] April 20, 2022 (Wed) Update Details Novice Adventurer Experience Improvements & Processing Stone Unification 2022-04-20
[Update] [Hotfix] April 07, 2022 (Wed) Update Details 2022-04-07
[Update] [Hotfix] April 06, 2022 (Wed) Update Details 2022-04-06