This is The MMORPG, Black Desert.
We’d like to announce the updates made to the Black Desert as of 2019, March 27th.
(Patch volume approx. 585.30 MB)
※ For the details, please refer to the contents below.
●Truth or Lie Event
- Event Period: March 28, 2019 at 00:00 - April 3, 2019 at 23:59
● A world covered by pink petals! Cherry Blossom Festival Event
- Event Period: March 27, 2019 after maintenance ~ April 10, 2019 before maintenance
● The total amount of Caphras Stones required for a level 0 - 20 Caphras Enhancement on PEN (V) weapons (main weapon/sub-weapon/awakening weapon) has been reduced by 25%.
- Though the amount of Caphras Stones required has decreased, the Caphras stats effects will be the same as before.
- The number of upgrade enhancement levels are the same as before (20), and the amount required for each level has been adjusted due to the reduced maximum amount.
- If you had already invested more than enough Caphras Stones to reach level 20 in the new system, you can find the extra Caphras Stones in your in-game mail. They are sent out during this, March 27 maintenance.
SECR-ETCO-UPON (Limit 1 redemption per Family, code input and redemption from Web Storage must be completed by the end of today at 23:59)
※ 5 input errors will result in input restriction for the rest of the day.
● Sound effect has been added which plays when Devour is successful.
● A popup window has been added to describe the Devour feature.
● Gears enhanced with Caphras Stones or equipped with Magic Crystals can no longer be Devoured.
- Gears with equipped with Magic Crystals or enhanced with Caphras Stones will be shaded out from Devour Window.
● Added a notification message which appears when attempting to Devour.
● Improved the hit effects which are displayed when successfully landing hits with the following skills/attacks.
- Witch: bare hand attacks without gear equipped
- Wizard: bare hand attacks without gear equipped
- Dark Knight: Unveiled Dagger, Twilight Dash
- Ninja: Sura ChaoSpree
- Tamer: bare hand attacks without gear equipped
- Berserker: bare hand attacks without gear equipped
● Fixed the issue where the character could not be switched when attempting to change characters while not equipped with any weapons.
● Made the movements characters make when they try not to fall from up high more natural.
● Fixed the issue where the camera effect was too intense when using the Slash skill while mounted.
● The damage activated when switching to main weapon mode from awakening weapon mode by pressing the W/A/S/D+C key will now reflect the damage from the currently obtained Slash skill.
● The speed of the arrows fired during the following skills has been increased. The amount of time after which you can swap gears after using these skills has also been changed.
- All levels of Descending Current and Ultimate: Descending Current.
● Made the movements characters make when they try not to fall from up high more natural.
● Fixed the issue where the sound for the Descending Current skill would play when using the Evasive Shot immediately after using Flow: Crossing Wind II and Descending Current.
● Fixed the issue where the back side of the head would move when customizing the eyes.
● Fixed the issue where the character's motion would look awkward when standing still after using the Evasive Explosion Shot III and Absolute: Evasive Explosion Shot 2 times consecutively.
● Made the hit effects for the skill Tearing Arrow the same when used while mounted and not mounted.
● The graphic effects of the skill Dagger of Protection should no longer follow the movements of your character.
● Improved hit effect of Tearing Arrmow skill to be more dynamic.
●Fixed the issue where the hit sound would not play when casting Dream of Doom I - III while on a mount.
● Fixed the issue where the hair would look unnatural in character customization.
● The damage activated when switching to main weapon from awakening weapon by pressing the W/A/S/D+C key will now reflect the damage from the currently obtained Dark Split skill.
● Fixed the issue where the damage would not be applied when attacking as you switch to main weapon by pressing the W/A/S/D+C key while attacking in awakening weapon when you have obtained the Elastic Force X skill.
● You can now board a mount while sprinting.
● Attacking while switching to main weapon by pressing W/S+C key while attacking in awakening weapon will now result in the same attack as when attacking as the character changes directions.
● Fixed the issue where damage would not be applied when attacking as you switch to main weapon by pressing A/D+C key while attacking in awakening weapon.
● Correct amount of hits will now be applied for the Toxic Flood and Lava Field skills.
● Skills shown in the skill guide have been changed as below.
- Magical Shield, Healing Aura → Fireball, Lightning Chain
● Fixed the issue where you could not move or use skills momentarily after the ending motion of switching to awakening weapon by pressing W/A/S/D+C key from main weapon.
● Fixed the issue where certain contents such as shoes and gloves of the [Musa] Blue Tiger Classic Set would not be displayed in the description which appears when you open the item.
● Changed the skill name Musa's Spirit to Musa's Resolve in order to show the purpose of the skill more intuitively.
● Fixed the graphical issue with the Kerispear that occurred when wearing the Peach Blossom Outfit.
● The damage activated when switching to main weapon from awakening weapon by pressing the W/A/S/D+C key will now reflect the damage from the currently obtained Wind Slash skill.
● [Shadow Arena] Fixed the issue where the skill descriptions for the Kunoichi's Flash Slash skill was not normal in the Shadow Arena's View Skill Details feature.
● Fixed the graphical issue with the head that occurred when wearing Garnier Troupe Garb.
● Fixed the issue where the Combo Damage of Soul Basher III and Absolute: Soul Basher were applied with 5 hits only when used with Martial Spirit Shards.
● The tooltip for the Fat Catfishman Summon Scroll item (which can be obtained through the [Boss] The Mastermind of the Catfishmen quest), will no longer have the description which mentions interacting with the Dark Portal. Instead, it will now mention that you can use the item by moving to a certain location.
- Also, the item's expiration period has been removed.
● Certain equipment icons have been fixed in order to make them more natural on UI.
● Removed the warning display for the Ahib Griffon boss monster which appears from the Dark Rift.
● The Ancient Puturum boss monster from the Dark Rift will display a warning message before it casts a powerful attack.
● Fixed the issue where you could obtain the Harpy Plume trade item after defeating Harpy at Karanda Ridge.
● Normal attack range of Dastard Bheg has been increased.
● Certain monsters at Imp Cave will no longer initiate attacks. Now you can engage in a conversation with Small Nose more easily.
● The Gray Boss Wolf has been placed in front of the Ancient Stone Chamber and it has been placed at an area which makes the scene more natural.
● The camera movement and attack range for boss monster Giath during a quest have been improved to match the movements more naturally.
● Boss monsters you encounter during quests will now continue to remain for 5 minutes after summoned in order to provide better combat experience.
● Following item name has been changed.
- The Forgotten Secret Garden of Cron -> Scroll of Cron Remembrance
【NPC, Background, Sound】
● Removed bushes from the walls of certain areas in Valencia.
● Fixed the issue where the cliff near the Crescent Shrine area would look unnatural.
● Removed bushes which were awkwardly placed near the starting point of the main quest.
● Added a shorter path which guides you back up to Cron Castle when falling from the castle.
● Added a feature where the Black Spirit make relevant comments when you accept the early main quests.
● Changed the Black Spirit tutorial guide dialog to be more natural.
● Changed the appearance for the Black Spirit's 2nd awakening.
● Orwen has disappeared from the Kamasylve Temple in Mediah.
● Fixed the issue where the Fairy voice would not play.
● The completion goals (number of quests to be completed) for Rulupee's Travel Log have been adjusted.
Rulupee's Travel to Valencia III
Rulupee's Travel to Kamasylvia
● Fixed the issue where the Frightening Witch Summon Scroll which is given as quest completion reward of 'Tears of the Wind' would not work properly.
- You can use the Scroll through [The Ritual Entity] quest from NPC Ribley if you have Witch Summon Scroll while you are not progressing the Main Quest, [Boss] Witch-Hunting.
● Condition to accept the quest, 'Dying Abun' has been changed.
- You can no longer accept 'Dying Abun' quest even if you completed 'Mediah Merchants Union Chairman'.
● Fixed the issue where characters who were going through the beginning stages of the renewed main quests could not accept the following sub quests.
- Claus Can't Contain!
- I Care About You
- [Returning] Do you want to go to Velia?
● Number of Weasel, Fox and Wolf have been increased in the near area where you progress the following sub-quests in order to help easier quest completion.
- Self-Sufficiency at Western Camp #1
- Self-Sufficiency at Western Camp #2
- Self-Sufficiency at Western Camp #3
● The quest locations for Troublemaker of the Mountain and Rare Gray Fur will now be displayed properly.
● Removed the unnecessary warning descriptions from the quest summary for [Co-op] Story on Cron Castle.
● The names of the titles below have been revised to match the actual Life Skill level at which you obtain the titles.
- Gathering Expert -> Skilled Gatherer
- Processing Expert -> Skilled Processer
- Cooking Expert -> Skilled Cook
- Training Expert -> Skilled Trainer
- Alchemy Expert -> Skilled Alchemist
- Fishing Expert -> Skilled Fisher
- Hunting Expert -> Skilled Hunter
- Trade Expert -> Skilled Trader
- Farming Expert -> Skilled Farmer
- Gathering Guru -> Artisan Gatherer
- Processing Virtuoso -> Artisan Processer
- Cooking Virtuoso -> Artisan Cook
- Training Guru -> Artisan Trainer
- Alchemy Guru -> Artisan Alchemist
- Fishing Guru -> Artisan Fisher
- Hunting Guru -> Artisan Hunter
- Trade Virtuoso -> Trade Artisan
- Farming Virtuoso -> Artisan Farmer
● Fixed typo in the description of use Elion's Tear button which is displayed upon character's death.
● Fixed the issue where the mount skill name and description would overlap or bleed out of the Mount Information window.
● Auto-navigation around Hope Pier, Valencia has been improved.
● The sizes for the following Inventory UI have been adjusted:
- Item icons & grade borders
- Trade item expiration display
- Time limit icons
- Cooldown icons
● The Part for Explorer's Compass has been added to the list of items dropped in the Hystria Ruins region.
● You can now view the "Easy, Medium, and Hard" information for the Tier 1 Nodes from the Participation Region window which is displayed when building a Node War Fort.
● Revised the message which is displayed on the Dark Rift UI when the Dark Rift has not yet appeared.
● Fixed the issue where Caphras Stone could not be extracted if Auto Arrange function is checked in Inventory after setting up a gear for the extraction.
● Fixed the issue where for Time Survived Points was not displayed in Shadow Arena.
● Fixed the issue where certain effects would look unnatural when running the game below the "Low" graphic settings.
● Fixed the issue where the auto-navigate feature would not work for certain island areas.
● Fixed the issue where the promoted workers could not be registered on the Worker Exchange often.
● Fixed the issue where Guild Bonus was not sent often.
● Fixed the issue where the number of Hwachas and Flame Towers you can build for the [Conquest] Sturdy Octagonal Fort would not match the descriptions.
● For server optimization, direction of other Adventurers will now be synchronized little bit slowly in crowded areas.
- With the improved optimization, server can provide better environment. However, synchronization of direction that other characters are facing could be slightly delayed.
We hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert,