This is The MMORPG, Black Desert.
We’d like to announce the updates made to the Black Desert as of 2019, April 3th.
(Patch volume approx. 362.9 MB)
※ For the details, please refer to the contents below.
● April login Rewards
- Event period : April 4th, 2019 (00:00) ~ May 8th, 2019 (23:59)
● Protect Our Treants!
- Event Period: April 4, 2019 at 00:00 - April 10, 2019 at 23:59
● Find the hidden Pearl Item at 40% discount!
- 40% discount everyday on a random item from Pearl Shop! / Limited 1 purchase per Family
- Event Period: April 3rd (after maintenance) ~ April 10th (before maintenance)
● Several adjustments have been made to the character balance in Shadow Arena.
● Increased the Max Durability of the Fort, Command Post, Field HQ, and Annexes used for Node/Conquest War by 20%. (Siege Defense Towers are not included).
- Increased the Max Durability of Flame Tower and Hwacha by 20%.
- Increased the Max Durability of Enhanced Flame Tower and Big Hwacha by 30%.
- Increased the Max Durability of Wooden Fences by 10%.
- Increased the Max Durability of Wooden Fence Gates by 20%.
- Increased the Max Durability of Barricades and Iron Barricades by 20%.
- Increased the Max Durability of Medium Siege Tower Workshop/Large Siege Tower Workshop, Indomitable Flag Factory, and Indomitable Flag by 20%.
- Increased the Max Durability of Ballista Siege Weapon by 200%.
- Increased the damage of hitting adventurers with the Flame Tower, Hwacha, Enhanced Flame Tower, and Big Hwacha by 20%.
- Increased the damage of hitting horses or elephants with Flame Tower and Enhanced Flame Tower by 10%.
- Increased the damage of hitting horses or elephants with Hwacha or Big Hwacha by 20%.
- Increased the damage of hitting Siege Defense Towers with horses by 50%.
- Increased the damage of hitting Cannons with horses by 30%.
- Increased the damage of hitting Medium Siege Towers/Large Siege Towers with horses by 50%.
- Increased the damage of hitting Adventurers with Cannons by 50%.
- Increased the damage of hitting Siege Defense Towers with Cannons by 50%.
- Increased the damage of hitting horses with Cannons by 100%.
- Increased the damage of hitting Adventurers with Elephants by 20%.
- Increased the damage of hitting Siege Defense Towers with Elephants by 30%.
- Increased the damage of hitting horses with Elephants by 100%.
- Increased the damage of hitting Medium Siege Tower/Large Siege Tower with Elephants by 20%.
- Increased the damage of hitting Node/Conquest War annexes with Ballistas by 30%.
- Increased the damage of hitting Gates with Ballistas by 20%.
● Improved how characters change their moving directions while using auto-navigation.
● Improved the way of controlling your character while pressing Q key so you can now change direction while swimming and replenishing Stamina.
● Fixed the issue where the shoulder area would look awkward when equipping the Atanis Armor.
● Fixed the incorrect number of slots for dying Treant Camouflage.
● Fixed the issue where damage from the skill Flow: Final Strike was not applied for PvP after Ultimate: Fierce Strike was learned.
● Fixed the issue where the Damage Reduction effect for the skill Ultimate: Fierce Strike was not applied for PvP.
● Fixed the typo in the skill description of Absolute: Fierce Strike.
● Fixed the issue where the character's leg was displayed awkwardly on both combat and non-combat stance when wearing Zereth Armor.
● Fixed the issue where the staff disappeared in non-combat stance.
● Fixed the issue where some of the damage by Divider V was not applied for PvP with Tiger Blade.
● Fixed the issue where the extra damage by Decapitation V was not applied during PvP.
● Fixed the issue where the arm area looked awkward when wearing the Puff Mini outfit.
● Fixed the issue where the lower body of the character looked awkward when wearing the Pila Fe Outlaw and Karlstein Outfit.
● Fixed the graphical glitch on Cloak when the character is turned back on combat/non-combat stance after wearing Karlstein Outfit in Pearlshop.
● Fixed the issue where the arm area would look awkward when wearing both the Vespena Armor and Kibelius Vediant.
● Fixed the issue where damage by Absolute: Kriegsmesser Training was not applied during PvP when used with Vedir’s Dogma.
● The Smoky Haze is now shown on the main skill guide list.
● Fixed the issue where the main weapons appearance changes when equipping the Canape sub-weapon.
● Edited the descriptions of item Processing to be more straightforward.
● Removed the shop prices in the descriptions for the following items: Cron Stone Bundle: 10 / Hard Black Crystal Shard Bundle: 3 / Sharp Black Crystal Shard Bundle: 3 / Black Stone Bundle
● Revised certain descriptions of the Adventurer's Tome.
● The Golden Pig's Blessing buff that can be received by mail has been changed into an item. You can use the item when needed, from your inventory.
- The Golden Pig's Blessing item can be used within 7 days of receipt.
● Edited descriptions for certain items related to crops.
● Fixed the issue where some Potions which were not for a specific class could still be used.
● Fixed some awkward item descriptions.
● Improved the attacks by Red Nose to be more natural which is summoned through the [Boss] Red Nose: Engulfed in Darkness quest.
● Fixed the issue where the grass covering [Pet] Dim Tree Spirit was awkwardly shaking.
● Fixed the graphical glitch on Ogre's lower body to be correctly displayed.
● Changed that the Mouse Movement will no longer activate while on board Galley, Epheria Sailboat, Epheria Frigate and Old Bartali Sailboat.
- This change has been applied in order to prevent these ships from performing abnormal movements irrelevant to the turning ability set on the mount. [Added]
【NPC, Background, Sound】
● The location for the 2 NPCs who appear in the "What's Wrong With That Guy?" quest have been relocated to the collapsed bridge area of the Watchtower.
● Fixed the typo in the name of the area of Veiled Labyrinth.
● Following family quest has been added from which a horse can be obtained, the companion on your adventure! This horse will quickly take you to places to places.
If you accept the Calpheon main quest 'Another Way Through' after completing the 'The Qualities of a God' quest, you can accept the Seal of the Secret Guards from NPC Martha Kiyen.
- Entrusted Seal of the Secret Guards
* For those who already completed the quest 'The Qualities of a God', you can accept the 'Seal of the Secret Guards' quest from the stable keeper Bevel in Trent if you accepted the Seal of the Secret Guards quest but not completed or if you completed '[Boss] The Witch of Horrors' quest.
- 'Seal of the Secret Guards' and 'Entrusted Seal of the Secret Guards' cannot be completed together.
- The horse emblem you will receive as a completion reward is Tier-5 (Male).
- This Tier-5 Male Horse can do Instant Accel and Sprint with 100% skill level.
- Please check the detail information about this quest from Suggested tab from the Quests Window (O).
● The choose-able reward for the main quest Onward to New Horizons has been removed.
● The main quest A Loyal Companion has been replaced with Embarking on an Adventure.
● You will now get the Footprint of the Wind buff after accepting the quest The Gateway to Heidel.
● When the boss monster disappears after being summoned through the Dark Portal after a certain period of time, a guide will now appear and explain that you can attempt the combat again by forfeiting the quest and then by interacting with the Dark Portal again.
● The Uncharted Sea, History of Margoria quest series have been revamped.
- If you already completed 'Completed Map, Toward the Ancient Shrine' and 'Treasure of the Ancient Shrine I ~ VI', you can additionally accept 'The Discovered and Undiscovered' quest NPC Katio in Nada Island.
- Changed the quest location to make it easier to find.
- Previous Katio Pirates, the Nada Island related NPCs now have their own names.
● To reflect this change, the following knowledge entries, which are related to the quest series, has been amended.
- Lema Borne the Great Explorer
- Reluctantly Helping Katio I
- Reluctantly Helping Katio II
- Reluctantly Helping Katio III
● The following quest locations have changed to be located at places which are easier to navigate to
- Sagotts NPC: Underwater Cave Exploration
- Batermann NPC: It's a Done Deal
- Yiscule NPC: Dream Crushed by Cox Pirates
● The auto-navigate for the destination for the Lema Borne and Lancelot Bartali quest (which can be accepted from Dichzy Borne) has been improved.
● The auto-navigate for "An Eye for an Eye, a Tooth for a Tooth!" quest will now guide you through the shortest route towards NPC Sara.
● Fixed the issue where the button for obtaining knowledge for "A Talk with Elion" would be displayed even when you had the knowledge.
● Fixed a typo within the quest information window for Magic Horn Bow Exchange I.
● Edited the quest completion dialog for the Black Spirit's Gift (Adventurer's Tome) quest.
● The quest reward Value Pack (1 Day) given upon completion of [Special Gift] Travelling Light I can now be used without prerequisite.
● Fixed the issue where the quest completion reward of [Special Gift] Travelling Light II was displayed as duplicate to some Adventurers.
● Fixed the issue where the nativation guided to a wrong location when you search Storage (Balenos) through Find NPC function.
● Fixed the issue where you could not go to the Exploration Point of the Ancient Goblin Altar due to the entrance being blocked by a rock.
● Added a "Reward Log" feature to the Black Spirit's Safe which allows you to see where the rewards you obtained and the amount of rewards you received can be checked up to 100 records.
- Items inside the Black Spirit's Safe can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
● Improved the animation effects which appear when you receive rewards for Bartali's Adventure Journal.
● The font for the 'Sailing' button in the Rankings section has been changed.
● Fixed the issue where the descriptions for the "All" and "By Category" buttons at the Central Market were incorrect.
● The Black Spirit Emojis window has been improved.
● Items that you obtain from the event Black Spirit's Adventure will now be sent to the Black Spirit's Safe instead of your mailbox.
- The Black Sprit's Adventure event will be back for our Adventurers at a later date.
● Improved the alignment for the required level and points which appear in the description window of unlearned skills which appear when you mouse over the unlearned skills.
● When crafting from the World Map (M), the material descriptions which appear when you bring the mouse cursor over the material items will no longer bleed out of the description window.
● Fixed the issue where the Guild Mark and Family Name would overlap in the Monster Rank window.
● Fixed the issue where certain guide text would not be displayed on the quest widget when going through the tutorial.
● An icon has been added which displays main quests on the quest button on the NPC conversation windows.
● The image for the Fishing minigame has been improved to look more natural.
● The descriptions for Fishing will no longer bleed out of the description window.
● When the Orders and Items Listed text overlap with the price display at the Central Market, only the quantity will be displayed.
● Fixed the issue where frame drop occurs in some places in Roud Sulfur Mine.
● Black Spirit icon will now be displayed on the equipment enhancement window when enhancing TRI (III) or TET (IV) equipment.
- When you click on the Black Spirit icon, the Black Spirit will make a random comment.
● When you go to the Pearl Shop through the Find it from Pearl Shop feature, bundled items will now also be displayed.
● Fixed the issue where going to the Pearl Shop through the Find it from Pearl Shop feature would not properly show the list of items as you scroll through the list of items.
● Fixed the issue where the notification icons on the bottom right side and minimap would appear even when they were disabled from the Edit UI menu.
● The default value for the Blur Effect (Settings → Display → Camera Graphics) has been changed from 50 to 10.
● Added an icon which is displayed for new adventurers and returning adventurers.
- When you bring the mouse cursor over the the icons, the period available for logging into the Olvia servers will be displayed.
- The icons are located where the Value Pack icons appear.
● Due to the level restrictions being removed from the skill guide widget, the skill guide will be displayed when you experience combat with the first Gray Fox you encounter.
● Fixed the issue where descriptions often disappeared when bringing the mouse over the notification icon on the upper left screen.
● Fixed the issue where the gap between the quest widgets were not correct.
● Fixed the issue where the Change Character Order button did not work for certain characters in the Character Selection window.
※ Characters which could not be switched before will be moved to the bottom of the character selection window.
● Fixed the issue where the Function buttons from the Edit UI menu was turned off as default.
● Fixed the issue where Mount Icon/Function Button/Family Buff UI were turned off when you create a new character with a new account.
● Improved the design for the Black Spirit's Safe menu.
- You can now view rewards according to their categories such as Family Fame Funds and Shadow Arena Ranking rewards.
● Improved chat window scroll to make it move more naturally.
● Improved the effect which appears when you bring the mouse over the empty slots in the Inventory (I) to be placed at a correct location.
● Improved the alignment of the Usage icon in the Housing Crafting menu in the World Map (M).
● Fixed the issue where some skill icons were not displayed on the SKill Guide.
● Improved that you can now enable or disable the Family buff and Function buttons from the Edit UI menu.
● When you close a chat window which you opened through the "Separate Chat Window" tab, you will no longer see the Add Chat Window button which appeared on the original chat window.
● Fixed the issue where the Barrier Tower's HP was not be displayed in Savage Rift.
● Fixed the issue where the Find NPC feature in the World Map (M) would scroll awkwardly.
● Fixed the issue where the tooltip on the top right was incorrectly displayed when using the Lafi Bedmountain's Upgraded Compass.
● Fixed the issue where Guild History was not displayed often.
● Improved the Adventure Journal menu from the ESC menu.
- It will now display the conditions for accepting Adventure Journal quests which you have not yet accepted.
● Improved server optimization
- When in a space where many characters are concentrated, the actions of the surrounding characters may be reflected with a delay.
● Fixed the issue where the game would occasionally crash when you download your information from the ESC menu's Setting Archive.
● In order to provide a better gaming environment, certain UI will no longer take up memory.
- This new function will be implemented to all UI elements later in the future.
● The chance of the voice of the Fairy being played has been decreased.
● The auto-navigate feature for Nada Island has been improved to work more smoothly.
We hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert,