This is The MMORPG, Black Desert.
We’d like to announce the updates made to the Black Desert as of 2019, July 31st.
(Patch volume approx. 841 MB)
※ For the details, please refer to the contents below.
Major Updates - Shai Talent Discovery
- ● Shai has discovered her talent. Now she can continue her adventure with other adventurers by playing her instruments!
Shai has gained a new talent.
Now Shai can give strength and courage to her friends with her instruments. Though we may not be able to satisfy all adventurers, we hope this patch provides you a meaningful content that will make the game more enjoyable.
As we designed Shai's talent, we focused on differentiating it from the ""Awakening"" of the existing characters and on creating a unique charm for Shai. We believed that by maintaining such basis, we could enhance Shai's quality as a special character. We hope Shai becomes a valuable character through which you can enjoy Black Desert, among all other ways of enjoying the game. Though Shai may differ from other characters in terms of efficiency in certain situations such as battles, her unique strengths will offset such a difference. We will continue doing our best to show you a new fun side of the game through Shai, whose charm you haven't ever seen in the game.
Also, it was your opinions that mattered the most while we were designing Shai.
Since it is the first time we are trying this, we will actively revise your opinions and accept what should be accepted as we proceed with the development.
We will not develop Shai on a short-term basis, but in a long run while adding related contents. For your reference, the three instruments, Tring, Tute, and Tamtam, that were revealed at the Global Lab through previous updates were removed and unified into a new single item called "Sol". We know that some of you were looking forward to the previous instruments, but please wait for us, since they will soon come to meet Shai with a new appearance, bearing their true meanings.
- Shai uses “Sol”, instead of using an awakening weapon.
- Shai would play one of Tring, Tute, and Tamtam depending on the skill she casts with Sol.
- Shai’s Instrument exclusive skills become more efficient by enhancing Sol.
- Added a talent quest for the new class, “Shai”. A Shai of Lv. 56 or above can receive the quest “[Shai Talent] The First Light, Shai” and start the Awakening quest.
- Although Shai can't open the existing awakening weapon box, she would obtain one blue and one yellow grade 'Sol' after completing '[Shai Talent] The First Light, Shai' with level 56 or above Shai character.
- The blue graded Sol can't be enhanced but it has high default stats. The default stat for the yellow grade is lower than that of the blue, but it can become more powerful through enhancement.
- With the introduction of Shai Talent update, a new Shai exclusive skill window has been added. Also, Inventory(I) window, Dye window(J) and Pear Shop (F3) will display new 'Talent' text and icon instead of Awakening.
- Shai's instruments cannot be dyed.
Major Updates - Character Balance< Warrior >
- ● Changed the Meditation’s WP Recovery as follows.
< Shai >
- ● Added a new skill, Go!
- You can use the new skill, Go!, by pressing Q or E while using One from the One-Two-Three skill.
- ● Added a passive skill with which you can increase the EXP that is obtained through Gathering or Alchemy.
- Gathering Whiz I-V: Gathering EXP per each acquired skill +1% (Max 5%)
- Alchemy Whiz I-V: Alchemy EXP per each acquired skill +1% (Max 5%)
- ● Added a passive skill with which you can gain additional Combat EXP through Gathering or Alchemy.
- Joy of Gathering: Combat EXP gained through Gathering +300%
- Joy of Alchemy: Combat EXP gained through Alchemy +300%
- ● Improved character movement when using Hop skill to left/right to be more natural.
Event● The Secret Challenge Quest: Tale of the Fallen Kingdom finally starts today at 16:00.
- ● 7 Loyalties Event!
- Buy items for just 7 Loyalties every day! Don’t miss this special opportunity!
- Event Period: July 31 (after maintenance) to August 14, 2019 (23:59)
- ● Event 1. Hopes and Dreams for Us
- Event Period: July 31, 2019 (Wed) after maintenance ~ August 14, 2019 (Wed) before maintenance
● Event 2. Level Up Shai’s Life Skills
- Event Period: July 31, 2019 (Wed) after maintenance ~ August 21, 2019 (Wed) before maintenance
● Bonus Event. Earn the Special Title! (feat. Life skills make me ShaiShaiShai)
- During the event period, reach Artisan level 1 for either Alchemy or Gathering to obtain a special title!
- ● A golden current that started from the ocean began to make its way to the shores. Upon hearing sightings of that, the trout fishers are preparing to embark on a journey to the Terrmian Bay to take part in the exciting fishing festival starting from next week. We look forward to seeing you too!
New and Improvements
- ● Added the “Do not board other adventurer’s ships” function while fishing.
We know this is an update so many adventurers have been waitig for.
Since there were a lot of things we needed to consider to make the ""Do not board other adventurer's ships" function work, we went through a long test. Though it took us more time than we hoped, we are happy to present you the awaited function.
We also promise you that we will keep fixing the long-standing issues that are hindering your gameplay, starting from the "kidnapping prevention" issue.
However, since we need to be careful when trying to fix a long-standing problem, we will make patches that will let you use the function "by choice" and not by force when introducing it for the first time."
- ● The combat EXP you get when failing alchemy or cooking is now 1/10 of the combat EXP you get when succeeding them.
● Changed the usage description of the Bloody Outfit Box and [Event] Bloody Outfit Box as follows.
- Before: You’ll get a box that contains an outfit.
- After: You’ll get an outfit or an outfit box.
- ● You can now see a warning stating that the effect of Book of Life cannot stack when using All Life Skills EXP Scrolls.
- ● Moved the weasels that obstructed the roads around Olvia Coast to the outer parts of the roads.
- ● Fixed the issue where the matchlock disappeared intermittently when riding a horse with the matchlock equipped.
- ● Fixed the issue where the placement of the Matchlock was awkward when riding a Dream Horse with the Matchlock equipped.
| NPC, BACKGROUND, SOUND
- ● Tree leaves and grass leaves now have reflective effects in Remastered Mode or Ultra Mode.
- ● Fixed the graphical issue where some areas of the Mirumok Ruins looked awkward.
- ● Fixed the issue where characters moved awkwardly in certain areas within a town.
| QUEST & KNOWLEDGE
- ● Added a new Crossroads Quest after the quest “Grusha, the Scout”.
- After the quest 'Grusha, the Scout', you can either accept the quest '[Crossroad] Goblins at the Ruins' or the quest '[Crossroad] About Goblins' to continue.
- Depending on which quest you accept, you will get a different Title for each.
- ● Goyen's Grave was moved from the bottom of King's Forest cliff to below the tree that is inside the cliff, so the quest areas of related quests were changed.
- ● You can now obtain the 'Crystal Alligator' Knowledge from Kamasylvia NPC Jensen.
- ● Improved the knowledge titles and descriptions of 'Giant's Lightstone Powder' and 'Skeleton Golem's Sorcery'.
- ● Shai can now accept the quest "My Little First Pony" as she can now ride horses.
- ● Tutorial will no longer be displayed since the way to complete the quest '[To Level 50!] Giant Catfishman Qoobe' was changed from using a scroll to making an interaction with the Dark Portal.
- ● Improved the information that is displayed when renting an item from an NPC by spending contribution points so that it matches not only the combat equipment but also other items such as Life Tools.
- ● Changed the position of the item enhancement grade in the item description to the same position as that of the one in the inventory.
- ● Fixed the issue where the names of servers at the server select screen were not displayed as red during maintenance.
- ● Fixed the arrows and numbers in the level up information window to not overlap with each other.
- ● Fixed the issue where you could open the storage and use the storage item by right-clicking it while on a mount.
- ● You can now check the Guild Mission content displayed as a description by mouseovering the content when the description is too long.
- ● Fixed the issue where an item is used when you right click an item in your inventory to move it to your mount inventory if you call your storage maid and close the maid window.
- ● Fixed the borders of the Black Spirit’s skill icon.
● Changed the basic setting of the Anti-aliasing category as follows.
ON/OFF → Not Applied/Applied button
- ● You can now use Enter when entering your Web Central Market’s secondary password.
Changes and Fixes
- ● You can no longer hear the splash sound that played each time you moved the character in the water by pressing the directional keys briefly.
- ● Fixed the issue where the character’s hair looked intermittently abnormal when trying to display the apparel with both a gear piece that changes its appearance in specific situations and a helmet that has its own exclusive hair equipped at the same time.
- ● [Tamer] Fixed the issue where you couldn’t dye the Puff Mini Helmet when equipping it while with the hair style no.5 applied.
- ● [Valkyrie] Fixed the issue where the character’s armor exclusive hair was not displayed when equipping the Jousting Armor.
- ● [Witch] Fixed the issue where the Central Market category of the Kibelius Divinus Awakening set A and B was abnormal.
- ● [Kunoichi] Fixed the issue where blood was still displayed while using Sah Chakram even after disabling the Show Blood option.
- ● [Shai] Fixed the issue where the color of the eye makeup was applied to the character’s upper lip.
- ● [Shai] Fixed the issue where Shai will now change to combat stance after getting off a running horse.
- ● [Shai] Fixed the issue where the processing motion of a party member/platoon member doing processing stopped when using Rage Absorption.
- ● Strength Experience now increases when you swim while holding a trade item.
- ● Fixed the issue where the Strength Experience did not increase when using Finto's Fresh Juice while swimming.
- ● Fixed the issue where the point of view of the camera was abnormal when entering the Customization window of the face, head shape, body, etc. while cancelling your movement by pressing ESC in the Beauty (F4) window.
- ● Fixed the issue where a War Hero could deconstruct the annexes from other guild’s Node War.
● Fixed the issue where the completion dialogue was immediately displayed while progressing through the quest “Forbidden Knowledge”, when you had already completed the same quest with another character.
- Now you can see the quest button and the dialogue while progressing through the quest again, even when you have completed this quest with another character.
- ● Moved the unnecessary structure that blocked adventurers when hunting in the Aakman Temple.
- ● Fixed the issue where the icon of an unfishable fish appeared in the World Map (M)’s Balenos River.
● Fixed the issue where you could not obtain the Margoria Treasure Map Piece reward even when completing the quest 'Travel Log of Golden Sunset'.
- Those adventurers who have already completed 'Travel Log of Golden Sunset' can receive the missing Margoria Treasure Map Piece from Katio in Nada Island while progressing through the quest 'Completed Map, Toward the Ancient Shrine'.
- ● Fixed the Quest Type icon of the recurring quest 'Cat on the Roof'.
- ● Fixed the issue where the direction to which Fiory greeted when completing the quest 'A Wound that Starts to Heal' was intermittently abnormal.
- ● Fixed the issue where the NPC Nella Encarotia and the NPC Enrique Encarotia looked awkward when greeting.
- ● Fixed the issue where the roads in the Loopy Tree Forest, White Wood Forest, and Mirumok Ruins’ 2D minimap were cut.
- ● Fixed the issue where the grass near the Calpheon Castle was floating in the air.
- ● Fixed the issue where the grass near the Ibellab Oasis was floating in the air.
- ● Fixed the issue where the character could pass through some of the doors in the Northern Wheat Plantation.
- ● Fixed the issue where the tip of the grass was intermittently invisible in the surrounding areas of Trent.
- ● Fixed the issue where the grass in some places around the Loopy Tree Forest was floating intermittently.
- ● Fixed the issue where you couldn’t adjust the minimap’s wheel when visiting a high level Monster Zone with a low level character.
- ● Fixed the issue where the number of skills displayed in the New Skill Available icon at the bottom increased when trying to learn skills after selecting all skill tabs from the Skill (k) window.
- ● Fixed the issue where the Apply button was not activated when resetting the Hotkey Settings.
- ● Fixed the issue where the screen lagged while in a party play.
- ● Fixed the issue where the screenshots looked dark when taking them with 4K or 8K resolution in Remastered Mode or Ultra Mode.
- ● Fixed the issue where the debuff icon that is applied while in jail was displayed in the item buff list.
- ● [Shai] Fixed the issue where the fire effect of the Matchlock was displayed near the belly of Shai when on a mount.
- ● Fixed the issue where enemy guild members’ karma decreased because they were able to attack mounts which belonged to protected guild members while they were on their mounts.
- ● While in the scarecrow training, you can now see the effects of other adventurers who are also in training.
- ● Fixed the issue where the tip of the grass was intermittently invisible in the surrounding areas of Trent.
- ● Fixed the issue where the Matchlock would simultaneously reload and fire intermittently.
- ● Fixed the issue where the effects in certain areas of Mediah Territory looked unnatural.
- ● [Sorceress] Fixed the issue where the arm accessory looked unnatural when selecting the Kibelius Divinus Armor or the Kibelius Armor in standby mode at the Pearl Shop.
- ● [Shai] Fixed the graphical glitch that occurred when customizing the character with the Ellen Glasses equipped.
- ● [Lahn] Fixed the issue where you could not dye the right sword of the Treant Camouflage Crimson Glaives normally.
- ● [Wizard] Fixed the graphical glitch that occurred when equipping the Luvis Swimsuit with the character customized as old.
- ● [Maehwa] [Valkyrie] [Ranger] [Sorceress] [Kunoichi] Fixed the graphical glitch of the Loranne Bikini where the lower right part appeared as cut off.
- ● Fixed a graphical glitch on the chest when you shift your camera angle to left or right after wearing the Loranne Bikini.
- ● Fixed the issue where duplicated awakening skills were displayed in the Toggle Black Spirit's Rage window.
- ● Fixed the issue where Shai could not fire, reload her matchlock or get off the horse for 8 seconds after aiming a target while on mount.
- ● Fixed the issue where the duplicate notification alarm for volatile price items and pearl items was displayed from Central Market.
- ● Fixed the issue where the Login Rewards are not being claimed normally.
We hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert,