This is The MMORPG, Black Desert.
These are the updates made to Black Desert on November 20, 2019.
(Patch size: approx. 749 MB)
※ Please read below for details.
- ● Share your Memories with Black Desert!
- November 20, 2019 (Wed) after maintenance ~ December 11, 2019 (Wed) before maintenance ce
- ● Share your Memories with Black Desert!
- ● Berserk Collab Event!
-November 20, 2019 (Wed) after maintenance - December 4, 2019 (Wed) before maintenance
New and Improvements| CONTENTS
● Fixed the issue where Imperial Fishing Delivery, and Imperial Crafting Delivery for Cooking/Alchemy was available immediately after logging in.
- ● The milking minigame was changed to a gathering activity and will now give gathering EXP.
- ● The amount of energy consumed and Milk obtained was changed for the milking minigame.
- Energy Consumed: Success 5 → 10, Fail 2 → 4
Amount of Milk Obtained
Before: 5 - 10
After: Gathering Beginner 1 - Skilled 10: 15 - 35
Gathering Professional 1 - Artisan 10: 25 - 45
Gathering Master 1 - Guru 50: 35 - 55
- ● Fixed the issue where the motion displayed for failing the milking minigame appeared abnormal.
Milk was like gold to Adventurers that enjoyed cooking. That is why the method of obtaining them was changed slowly compared to other ingredients to maintain their value. However, the demand for Milk increased even more after the Imperial Craft Delivery rework. Therefore, we have decided to increase the amount of Milk that can be gathered. Additionally, we will continue to monitor our data and perhaps increase Milk supplies as needed.
Tier 3 Nodes
Serendia Shrine (Max participants: 30) - Max War Heroes 5 → 3
Hexe Sanctuary (Max participants: 30) - Max War Heroes 5 → 3
Pilgrim's Haven (Max participants: 30) - Max War Heroes 5 → 3
Northwestern Gateway (Max participants: 40) - Max War Heroes 5 → 4
Olvia Coast (Max participants: 40) - Max War Heroes 5 → 4
Longleaf Tree Sentry Post (Max participants: 40) - Max War Heroes 5 → 4
Phoniel's Cabin (Max participants: 40) - Max War Heroes 5 → 4
Ancado Coast (Max participants: 40) - Max War Heroes 5 → 4
Tier 4 Nodes
Glish Ruins (Max participants: 30) - Max War Heroes 10 → 3
Abandoned Iron Mine (Max participants: 30) - Max War Heroes 10 → 3
Witch's Chapel (Max participants: 30) - Max War Heroes 10 → 3
- ● The "Max War Heroes" allowed will now be displayed on the Node War Information.
- The number of war heroes allowed in the node will be displayed when mousing over the node in the World Map (M).
- ● Information about how to use equipment that are installed on Epheria Caravel and Epheria Galleass was added to the item description. Information about how to obtain Verdant Black Stones was added to its item information.
- ● Fixed the issue where the life skill Hunting EXP increase was not displayed for the Manos Hunter's Clothes.
- ● Improved Epheria Sailboat and Improved Epheria Frigate were added to the list of ships that can install the Benelois Ship Parts Set.
- ● Fixed the issue where the set effects for equipping Helm Destroyer's Belt and Necklace of Sealed Magical Power were not being applied.
● The following methods to make Master's Cooking Box were added.
- King of Jungle Hamburg x15
- Meat Sandwich x15
- Ham Sandwich x15
● The following methods to make Master's Cooking Box were removed.
- Special Arehaza Meal x18
- Balenos Meal x15
● The following methods to make Guru's Cooking Box were added.
- Special Arehaza Meal x27
- Balenos Meal x24
● The following methods to make Guru's Cooking Box were removed.
- King of Jungle Hamburg x24
- Meat Sandwich x18
- Ham Sandwich x18
The major reason for this change was to adjust the difficulty of crafting these boxes to match their grade. Cooking efficiency is directly correlated to how the ingredients are gathered. So, cooking with the less ingredients that need to be gathered personally by Adventurers makes the food more efficient to cook. Looking at the previous item list, certain foods required ingredients that were extraneous to gather while some of the higher-grade food used ingredients that were easier to obtain. The amount required was also re-adjusted so that the overall profit from the boxes isn't affected. However, we adjusted the food harder to make to be required to make the higher-grade boxes while food that are easier to make were changed to be put into the lower-grade box.
- ● The might of the Kagtum at the Blood Wolf Settlement in Drieghan was increased.
- The number of Drieghan Male/Female Goats, taken care by the Kagtum, was reduced.
- The number of Blood Wolf was reduced.
- The number of Kagtum Warden and Kagtum Chaser were increased.
● The reward for defeating the Kagtum Guard that appears by chance when 3 or more Kagtum Prisoners are freed by destroying the Traitor's Jails was improved. The increased drop rates of items are listed below:
Akum defense gear +50%
Combined Magic Crystal - Gervish +50%
Combined Magic Crystal - Hoom +50%
Garmoth's Scale +900%
Kagtum Submission Ring +100%
Caphras Stone +50%
Ancient Spirit Dust +25%
Dragon Scale Fossil +25%
- ● The toggle function for mount skills was added. (Excludes guild mounts)
We received feedback that the skill training minigame activating even during inconvenient moments was a nuisance. Therefore, we decided to add this feature so you can have more choice about when to use your mount's skills.
- ● The mount skill toggle will be maintained even if the mount gets checked into the Stable/Wharf or gets killed/destroyed.
- The mount skills Courser's Spirit and Two-seater cannot be toggled.
- ● The camera angles and dismount function for large ships were improved.
- The camera angle when mounting the Epheria Carrack was improved so that it would zoom out and widen your view once you start sailing.
- The camera angle and effects were changed for better immersion when using sailing skills (PowerAccel., BreezySail, Ram) on large ships (Bartali Sailboat, Epheria Sailboat, Improved Epheria Sailboat, Epheria Frigate, Improved Epheria Frigate, [Guild] Galley, Epheria Carrack) and the Epheria Cog.
- Pressing "R" while moving or using sailing skills on the ships mentioned above will stop the ship quickly, which makes it easier to get off the ship.
- The command for the sailing skill "Quick-Retreat" was changed to "Shift + S". Pressing "S" when the ship is still will make it move backwards slowly. Pressing "Shift + S" will activate the skill "Quick-Retreat" which allows ships to move backwards faster than before.
- ● Information about the requirements to use the skill Wings of Wind on Arduanatt was added to the skill description on the Mount Information window.
- ● Fixed the issue where an abnormal amount of character stamina would be displayed when using the Escape function while on ships and Forest Path Wagons.
- ● Fixed the issue where the cannon's barrels and handles moved together on the left 1 row of Zafina/Serena Cannons.
- ● Fixed the issue where the horses stopped moving when you're riding on the Forest Path Wagon.
| NPC, BACKGROUND, SOUND
- ● Removed abnormal structures around the knocked over wagon at Highland Junction.
- ● Changed the location of where the Iliya Freight Ship docks in Velia.
- ● Fixed the abnormal graphics issue in certain areas of Riyed Island.
- ● A dialogue that leads Adventurers to where they need to go was added when they talk to Emma Bartali without the require knowledge.
- ● Dialogue of certain NPCs will change according to the amount of amity.
| QUEST & KNOWLEDGE
- ● Fixed the typo in the quest summary of "[Fishing Lv. 44] The Master Fisher of Splashing Point".
- ● Explanation about the item "Sailor's Oath" was added to the quest completion dialogue of "Jarette's Support".
- ● Fixed the Quest Acceptance Condition for the quest "Weakness of the Living Legend" on the Quest List (O).
- ● Color was added for emphasis in the quest acceptance dialogue for "To Heidel Church".
- ● Knowledge about the Cooking and Alchemy Boxes that no longer can be crafted due to the Imperial Craft Delivery improvement can be obtained through NPCs.
● The knowledge can be obtained from the following NPCs:
- David Finto
- Fredelles Herba
- ● Fixed the issue where the quest "Who's Not Working?" could not be completed due to certain NPCs not appearing during the quest.
- ● Fixed the issue where the quest "Bound in Darkness" could not be completed due to the fact that Adventurers could not interact with the bookcase in the Great Library of Grána.
- ● The following UI were reworked.
- Milking Minigame
- ● Items that can be collected in the Central Market will now be displayed at the top.
- ● You can now set a hotkey for the Fold/Open Sail function.
- ● The item slots will be greyed out in the Barter search window if the total number of bartering was completed.
- ● Fixed the issue where the whole text was not being displayed when it was shortened in the New Story.
● The location where Storage was being displayed as a title in the UI was changed to match the location of titles on the other UI.
- The title of the Storage UI will now be displayed like "Velia Storage".
● The guild storage UI was also changed to display the title like "Black Desert Guild Storage".
- ● The stats of the selected mount will now be on the Register Mount window in stables and wharfs.
- ● The repair button will not be displayed if the ship in the Wharf already has full durability.
- ● Fixed the issue where the UI size or locations would appear abnormal when the UI size is adjusted.
- ● The explanation of the "One World System" was moved to the right and the server list was moved to the left.
- ● Fixed the issue where the mouse would not move when right-clicking quickly to buy knowledge in a shop.
- ● Fixed the issue where the node information in the World Map (M) was displaying abnormal text.
- ● Fixed the issue where the text at the bottom of the Select Server window would spill out of the UI.
- ● Improved the refresh rate of the Central Market prices displayed in the item descriptions.
- ● Fixed the issue where friends that are online appeared to be offline in the Friend List right after switching servers.
- ● Fixed the issue where the location of the party and platoon UI returned to its default location in the Interface Edit Mode after going to the Character Selection window or after a loading screen.
- ● Fixed the issue where the Bookmark would be displayed in the Adventure Log even though it was never bookmarked.
- ● The Adventure Log Bookshelf can now be opened/closed using a hotkey.
- ● Fixed the issue where the scroll could not be moved using left-click in Ranking.
- ● Fixed the issue where the Old Menu would be displayed when logging for the first time after reinstalling the game.
- ● Fixed the issue where the highest difficulty of the minigame would appear in certain areas when fishing, regardless of the fish's grade.
- ● Fixed the issue where the Quest Rewards window couldn't be checked in the Quest List (O) window.
- ● Fixed the issue where the scroll bar of the skill list window in the bottom section of the Horse Information window on the right side of the Stable UI would return to the top.
- ● Fixed the issue where the BDO Wiki button was not on the Mount Information window (for ground/water).
- ● The default name displayed in the Chat window was changed from Character Name to Family Name. This change only applies to accounts that made new Family Names. None of the pre-existing settings related to this were changed.
- ● Fixed the issue where you could not interact with NPCs after changing characters while the Get Item window was open.
- ● Fixed the issue where the opacity of the Notepad UI was not being applied properly.
- ● Fixed the issue where the Load Cargo window displayed the number of slots that were not open.
- ● Descriptions for Gathering and Processing Mastery were added to the Life tab in the My Information (P) window.
- The progress bar for Gathering and Processing on the Life tab in the My Information (P) window shows the mastery from the life skill and the mastery from equipment is displayed below it."
On November 12 (Tue), we added a new life skill level - Barter - that can be obtained by bartering in the Black Desert Global Lab.
This is an improvement for adventurers enjoying the Great Expedition, so they can earn profits through bartering and earn life EXP at the same time.
Barter will be formally added in the update on November 27, 2019 (Wed). The exact details may be adjusted before this update, but for today, adventurers will only be able to see the changed UI of the barter information window.
While you won't be able to see your life skill level go up by bartering, the number of barters you've accumulated since the arrival of Great Expedition will be converted to likeskill EXP during the formal update next week, so please look forward to it! Additionally, we plan a convenience update for Adventurers that explore the sea, such as settings to find sea routes and improvements to ship maneuverability, so please also look forward to this as well.
● Fixed the issue where the set effects of equipment that increases life skill mastery was not being applied properly.
- ● Fixed the issue where it was possible to open the Register Mount in the Stable/Wharf without a mount that can be registered.
- ● The text displayed for the Medicine Brewer minigame and the result image were fixed to not overlap.
- ● Fixed the issue where the animation of the Interaction UI would replay after changing characters with the Get Item window open.
Changes and Fixes
- ● Fixed the issue where navigation was not working as intended around the area by Afuaru in Valencia.
- ● Fixed the issue where certain areas of Kamasylvia was being displayed too dark in the minimap.
- ● Fixed the issue where certain sections of the stone wall at Marni Farm Ruins looked abnormal.
- ● Fixed the issue where certain rocks around Phoniel's Cabin looked abnormal.
- ● Fixed the issue where certain rocks on Oquilla's Eye looked abnormal.
- ● Fixed the issue where the location of NPCs in Valencia City was abnormal.
- ● Fixed the issue where you would get stuck on obstacles at Outpost Supply Port while auto-moving from the sea by Star's End to Epheria.
- ● Fixed the issue where attempting to set a auto-move route north from Weita Island would set a route that went through Weita Island.
- ● Fixed the issue where grass would be floating in mid-air in certain areas of Desert Naga Temple.
- ● Fixed the issue where there were invisible gatherables in certain areas of Oquilla's Eye.
- ● Fixed the issue where auto-moving to Ashlynn, the Ash Forest node manager, would cause you to get stuck on obstacles.
- ● Fixed the issue where Black Stones could not be extracted from the items Fishing Boat Decoration, Mast, and Wagon Cover.
- ● The proper message will now be displayed when the horse learns a skill by using a Premium Horse Appearance Change Coupon.
- ● The button that allows you to find the path in the quest "Yaak's Sacrament" will continue to be displayed even after getting knowledge by interacting with the Draft to throw away.
- ● Fixed the issue where the camera angles were abnormal when interacting with the NPCs around the Oldest Spirit in Kamasylvia, Merindora.
- ● Fixed the issue where the camera angle appeared to be abnormal when interacting with Sarma Outpost Logistics Specialist by Theo Dango the Highland Junction node manager.
- ● Fixed the issue where tree branches appeared to penetrate the stone wall in certain areas of Marni Farm Ruins.
- ● Fixed the issue where the gathering UI would appear even though there wasn't anything available to gather in certain areas of Desert Naga Temple.
- ● [Sorceress] Night Crow - Fixed the issue where the skill could be used more than four times in a row when used in mid-air on an upward slope.
- ● Fixed the issue where certain effects would appear abnormal when the Graphics settings was optimized.
- ● Fixed the issue where the Pet window would be open occasionally when logging in.
● Fixed the issue where clicking the [Upload] button in Setting Archive then clicking the [No] button on the message that is displayed would show a loading screen and did not proceed.
- ● Fixed the issue where the Anchor button would not be displayed when approaching certain barterers.
- The Anchor button will continue to be displayed as long as you are in 60 range of a barterer."
- ● Fixed the issue where the old character name would be displayed to other Adventurers after changing the character name.
- ● Fixed the issue where an abnormal message would be displayed when clicking the Supply button twice after registering a ship with the wharf manager.
- ● Fixed the issue where the ESC button would not work when pressing ESC to close the Pearl Shop after opening it in the World Map (M) by pressing the "Find in Pearl Shop" button.
- ● Fixed the issue where the wrong hint was being displayed for knowledge related to Cooking Box and Alchemy Box.
- ● Fixed the issue where the top bar of the guide in the Extraction window of Blacksmith NPCs was not being displayed.
- ● [Ninja] Fixed the issue where the 0 part of the Kibelius Sura Katana would not display the correct color from a distance if it was dyed black.
- ● Fixed the issue where certain NPCs and objects in Longleaf Tree Sentry Post overlapped.
- ● Fixed the issue where Storage could not be used when you have a bundle on your back.
- ● Fixed the issue where the description for "Introduction" would not disappear in Ranking.
- ● Fixed the issue where the button to exchange would not be displayed even if the item [Event] Silver Embroidered Life Clothes Exchange Coupon was in possession.
We hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert,