This is The MMORPG, Black Desert.
These are the updates made to Black Desert on August 12, 2020.
(Patch size: approx. 530.25 MB)
※ Please read below for details.
Event 1. The Lost Bell of the Terrmian Spirit
- August 13, 2020 (Thu) at 00:00 – August 24, 2020 (Tue) at 23:59
Event 2. Part-time Job at the Waterpark!
- August 12, 2020 (Wed) after maintenance – August 26, 2020 (Wed) before maintenance
Event 3. I Want Treasures...
- August 12, 2020 (Wed) after maintenance – September 2, 2020 (Wed) before maintenance
Event 4. Get Black Desert for FREE Returns!
- August 12, 2020 (Wed) after maintenance – September 9, 2020 (Wed) at 23:59
MAJOR UPDATES- Padix Island Revamped
● Changed Padix Island to a monster zone with a recommended AP of 270.
– A new strain of Mutant Loah Flowers have begun to bloom at Padix Island.
– Cox Pirates who smell the Mutant Loah Flowers have become dangerously violent with a sudden surge in their powers.
– Affected pirates are recognizable by the "[Addicted to Mutant Loah Flower]" title over their heads.
– Defeating a monster at Padix Island Up will reward up to two adventurers but knowledge entries are shared between the affected monsters and their non-addicted counterparts.
– The Loah Flower Pots in the cave at Padix Island will release a heavy fragrance of Mutant Loah Flowers at random intervals, causing the Cox Pirates around them to become violent.
- Violent Cox Pirates have increased AP & DP and some of their attacks ignore Guard/Super Armor status and inflict knockback.
- Interact with the Loah Flower Pots to add Mutant Loah Flower Neutralizers that will stop the pirates from being affected by the flowers, return them to their normal AP & DP, and make them no longer ignore Guard and Super Armor status.
- There is a chance that a large number of Mutant Loah Snakes will appear when a Mutant Loah Flower Neutralizer is added to a Loah Flower Pot.
- Defeating the Mutant Loah Snakes will give you a high chance of obtaining Ancient Platinum Coins and a low chance for Ethereal Earrings.
● Added a Simple Alchemy recipe for the new item Mutant Loah Flower Neutralizer.
Simple Alchemy Ingredients
- Mutant Loah Flower x1
- Highly Concentrated Herbal Juice x20
– Fire Horn x35
– Trace of Despair x70
Mutant Loah Flower Neutralizer
- Hazelnut the General Goods Vendor of the Kuit Islands sells Mutant Loah Flower for 1.2 million Silver and Mutant Loah Flower Neutralizer for 3 million Silver.
● Added quests about Cox Pirates for Padix Island.
- Accept the quests from Lavine the Node Manager of Padix Island for a character that is at least Lv. 61.
● Added a new accessory, Ethereal Earrings.
– You can get Ethereal Earrings from the Padix Island monster zone.
PRI: Ethereal Earrings
DUO: Ethereal Earrings
TRI: Ethereal Earrings
TET: Ethereal Earrings
PEN: Ethereal Earrings
● Added a Return function that can be used after the end of a Node/Conquest War.
– You can use this function after a Node/Conquest War you participated in to return to where you were before the "Assemble!" function was used.
– The button for this function will be on the left side of the minimap.
● Added the 11th page to Rulupee's Travel Log.
- You need to complete 29,999 quests for the new 11th page.
- Daily/Recurring quests are not counted towards the quest completion.
● Improved the Black Spirit's Safe to allow you to partially receive rewards when your character has insufficient weight limit.
● Changed Savage Rift to allow additional participants to enter during the 3rd stage.
● Changed the Pit of the Undying to make it no longer possible to install Gardens within it.
● Changed the Pit of the Undying so it cannot be entered during Conquest/Node War.
● Added a new social action "Throw Graduation Cap".
– You can use this social action if you have graduated from the season servers and have a Graduation Cap in your inventory.
● Fixed issue where Florang related skills would not activate during Talent stance.
● Fixed issue where the Return Gloves button would not appear when you rented Kaia Armor and Kaia Gloves with Contribution Points at the same time.
● Added text explaining that Season Characters cannot transfer or receive Life EXP in the Life EXP Transfer Pack.
● Added the missing effects to the skill description of Magic Crystal of Infinity - Ignore Knockback Resistance, Ignore Knockdown Resistance, and Ignore Stun Resistance.
* Magic Crystal of Infinity - Ignore Knockback Resistance
- Ignore Knockback Resistance +10% → Knockback/Floating Resistance +10%
* Magic Crystal of Infinity - Ignore Knockdown Resistance
- Ignore Knockdown Resistance +10% → Knockback/Bound Resistance +10%
* Magic Crystal of Infinity - Ignore Stun Resistance
- Ignore Stun Resistance +10% → Stun/Stiffness/Freezing Resistance +10%
● Reduced the damage dealt by the [Grudge-Bearing] Green Orc Skeleton Warrior by 40%.
| QUEST & KNOWLEDGE
● Changed conditions for accepting quests so you can't receive quests for different classes during the Tuvala Gear Enhancement Quest available exclusively for season characters.
● Added instant teleportation related text in Quest "[Crow's Nest] Crow's Mercenary" along with text notifying that parties cannot be created in this region.
● Changed Cursed Chest Quest from "[I] The Mediahn Royals of the Past" to "Relieving the Darkness" in the Quest List.
● Changed Quest Acceptance Condition of "[Kunoichi Succession] A Strange Reunion" to display "[Kunoichi Awakening] Oeki's Sah Chakram: Practice" at the Quest List (O) window.
● Changed Quest Acceptance Condition of "[Lahn Awakening] Crimson Glaives of Antiquity: Practice" to display "[Lahn Succession] A Strange Reunion" at the Quest List (O) window.
● Added text emphasis on the following Papua Crinea Quest Summary text:
- [Papua Crinea] Start for the 100 Billion Silver of Dreams
- [Papuraora] Lazy Rock Spirit
- [Papuraora] Panipani Starlight Meal
- [Papuraora] Flawless Log
- [Papuraora] Let's Starve Otters
- [Papuraora] The Calling of the Papus
● You can now only move the Sweet Gift Letter window by selecting its title bar.
● Fixed an issue where the UI appeared unnaturally when you entered the BDO Wiki through the Level-Up Guide window upon reaching Lv. 50.
●Improved search functions so that Enhanced Skills can also be searched in the Skill (K) window.
● Fixed issue where long item names would break the Upgrade Gear UI.
● Fixed issue where certain UI button texts would be aligned to the right.
- Savage Rift
- Team Battle
- Chat Filters
● Fixed the issue where the location of Martial Spirit Shards did not show up where it was set to in the Edit UI window.
● Added a margin to the bottom of the Settings window.
● Updated the following UIs.
- Minimize the Game
- Sweet Gift Letter
● Changed the size of the Barter Information window's scroll bar to be easier to click on.
● Changed the icon design of "Assemble!".
● Fixed the issue where the text about availability and discount of an item did not appear and disappear at the same time as the rest of the text that appears when you select on an item on the Pearl Shop.
● [Mystic, Striker] Fixed the issue where the gloves were hidden behind the gauntlet and couldn't be seen when previewing the gloves at Pearl Shop (F3).
Changes and Fixes
● Fixed the graphical issues with the Cantabile outfit.
● Fixed the issue where the Hotkey: “A” would function when interacting with NPC that did not offer a “general” quest.
● Fixed the issue where you could not scroll when your mouse was over the background portion of the Skill Cooldown Slot window.
● Fixed the issue where you could press through the windows that show up when you open gift letters (e.g. the Sweet Gift Letter window).
● Fixed the text issues with the quest requirements of certain quests about Shai's Talent.
● [Tamer] Fixed the issue where sound effects did not play in the Skill Demo screen of the skills in which Heilang appears.
● [Sorceress] Fixed the graphical issue with the lower part of the Epheria Marine outfit.
● [Lahn] Fixed the issue where the landing motion in Spring Breeze and Prime: Crescent Barrage's Skill Demo looked awkward.
● [Shai] Fixed the issue where the time at which the CC status effect is applied was incorrect in Go!'s Skill Demo.
● [Archer] Fixed the issue where certain hits were not being applied to the NPC in Radiant Storm's Skill Demo.
● Changed the location of the monsters that used to be stuck in the floor or the wall of Elric Monastery.
● Fixed the graphical issue where grass appeared to be floating at some regions between Velia and Loggia Farm.
● Fixed typos in the descriptions of certain trade items.
● Fixed the issue where the music stopped after a certain period of time when playing an instrument while in Screenshot Mode (Ctrl+U).
We hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert,