This is The MMORPG, Black Desert.
These are the updates made to Black Desert on October 8, 2019.
(Patch size: approx. 750 MB)
※ Please read below for details.
Major Updates - UI Rework
- ● Black Desert UI is being reworked.
We have begun reworking the UI. Today’s update sees a multitude of UI changes, including Black Spirit UI, interaction windows with NPCs, and the vendor window. Honestly, these changes have long been on our to-do list. We have had consistent feedback from Adventurers since launch that the UI has been either inconvenient, hard to see, or too complicated, among other things. Despite this, we have labored over how to proceed, as this could inconvenience Adventurers already used to the previous UI. However, after the launch of Black Desert on console platforms, we have received positive feedback about the new UI, and this is what brought our attention back to reworking the UI on PC. Of course, this means an increasing amount of time has been spent on development due to these UI issues, as we are servicing both PC and console at the same time. So, we collected the opinions of our current Adventurers and decided to start unifying the two versions of UI as a step forward to bringing you better content.
While we can say this for all our content, we believe that UI has an especially big impact on our Adventurers’ gameplay experience. Since there are varying gameplay methods and views on UI, we will be needing to go through multiple tests and iterations. Today, we will be showing the result of all our work in Southeast Asia/Turkey & MENA.
However, we realized that if we changed everything at once, this could confuse our Adventurers so we will be taking our time.This is because we understand that it is extremely important to increase familiarity and convenience with this UI rework, and we will do our best to keep this in mind. We promise to continue to strive to make improvements and incorporate as much of your suggestions as possible.
● The following UI were reworked.
- Find Party
- Attendance Reward
- ESC Menu
- NPC Vendor
- Cleanse Gear
- Register Clan/Guild
- Worker Exchange
- Guild Auction House
- Secret Shop
- Lordship Menu
- Item Reform
- Imperial Auction House
- Message boxes
- Black Spirit Enhancement/Extraction
- Traveler's Map
- Boss Notification
- Fish Guide
- Name Change
- Weapon Exchange
- Life EXP Transfer
- Voice Chat Settings
- Quick Hotkey Settings
- Certain Minigame (Cart)
- Dark Rift
- Storage Search
- Item Brand/Remove Item Brand
- Item looting
- Item drops
● The new menu has a function that allows you to check your “Recently Used” menu.
- “Recently Used” keeps a record of up to 15 menus that you’ve accessed through the new menu in order and removes the oldest record.
- Recorded menus in the “Recently Used” function can be fixed or deleted.
- ● A search function was added to Storage.
- ● A random animation will be played when enhancing equipment from IV (TET) to V (PEN).
● The Exchange and Chat functions were separated into different buttons in the NPC interaction screen. You can click on these buttons and only see the options related to that function.
- Gaining Knowledge, proceeding with a quest, and other functions from the button interact can be found by pressing the “Chat” button.
- Exchanging seals and items can be found by pressing the “Exchange” button.
- You will now be able to see all the items, even the items you current do not have, that can be exchanged through the NPC in the Exchange window.
- ● Quests, Vendor, Storage buttons were made accessible with hotkeys in the NPC interaction window.
- Quests, Chat, and Exchange will always have fixed hotkeys. Other buttons in the UI will use number hotkeys (1) - (4).
- ● The Interest Knowledge Status window was changed to not open in the NPC interaction window if it is related to Quest/Chat/Exchange or if the Storage window is open.
- ● The (R) hotkey will only be displayed on a button below if the hotkey is actually available in the NPC interaction window.
- When you press (R) for the Quest button and open the Quest List window, the (R) will disappear and only the text Quest will be displayed.
- ● Conversation was improved so that you can scroll through Knowledge in the Knowledge of Interest using your mouse wheel.
- ● Color was added for the hotkey "Acquire All (R)" in the Get Item window.
- ● The design and effects in the Enhancement window were changed.
- ● The extraction of Enhancement Chance function using the Blacksmith's Secret Book was moved to the Extract tab.
- ● The Transfusion window was enlarged to make it easier to see the effects of the crystals getting transfused. Additionally, you can now select the crystal and equipment you wanted to transfuse the crystal to in the Transfusion window.
- ● Blacksmith extraction was improved so that multiple outfits can be extracted through a single attempt.
- ● You can now select the upgrade material and equipment you want to upgrade in the Upgrade window.
- ● The design of the Trade window was changed to allow you to see more items at once. Additionally, Trade Item Display was removed. The function was moved to the Buy and Sell tabs.
- ● Stable, Wharf, guild stable, and guild stable windows, that used to display 4 mounts, will now display up to 8 mounts at a time.
- ● The Mount Information window that is displayed on the right of the Stable UI will now only display the skills the mount has. Delete Mount Skill and Desired Skill functions can now be used through the Change Skill button.
- ● It will now be easier to connect and separate from wagons in the Connect Wagon window.
- ● The list of horses that can be exchanged will be displayed together with the Exchange Horse window.
- ● Breeding Market and Horse Market will now display mount information clearly. Additionally, HP, Stamina, Weight were removed from these windows as they do not affect the trade significantly. It was changed to show the number of skills the horse has.
- ● The following hotkeys were added to the Select Server screen.
F1 Enter Main Server
F2 Enter the Last Server Connected
F3 Enter a random server
● Express Goodwill window was changed to show items that can be used as gifts.
- ● Recover Max Durability window was changed to show equipment with reduced max durability and recovery materials.
- ● Cleanse Gear window will now display +15 equipment.
- ● Transport, Send, Conversation, Vendor, Guild Auction House, Register Clan/Guild, Worker Exchange, Secret Shop, and Lordship Menu windows were reworked.
- ● View Workers Continuously function was added in the Contract Workers window.
- Set the grade and number of workers you want to see then press the View Workers Continuously button. It will automatically refresh workers for the number of views you’ve selected or when a worker at the grade you wanted or higher becomes available for hire.
- ● A warning message will be displayed when attempting the following enhancement.
Don’t you really want to beat up Black Spirit when you waste a really high stack... A new warning message will be displayed to help prevent that from happening.
- When attempting to enhance on a character with 50 stacks or higher and the Enhancement Chance goes over +70%.
- When attempting to enhance on a character with 100 stacks or higher with the following items and enhancement levels.
Types of Items
[Combat] Trina Demolition Axe
[Combat] Trina Matchlock
Gathering Tools that can be enhanced
+0 - II (DUO)
I (PRI) - II (DUO)
Hunting Sniper Rifle
+0 - +5
Silver Embroidered Life Clothes
+0 - +2
● The number of materials you can use when Chopping or Heating in Processing was increased to the following.
- Chopping: 3 Max
- Heating: 4 Max
Major Update – Kratuga Ancient Ruins
- ● The new hunting ground - Kratuga Ancient Ruins - was discovered by adventurers.
We want all adventurers to be able to enjoy combat in hunting grounds that match their current gear and level. The hunting grounds went through multiple balancing changes. They also have AP recommendations so that Adventurers would know which hunting grounds are the best match for them, as well as assist you to find new hunting grounds each time you enhance your equipment and grow stronger.
Kratuga Ancient Ruins is the new hunting ground and it is recommended for Adventurers with around 250 AP. We hope you can move on from the 210 - 240 AP hunting grounds to have an even more enjoyable time at the new hunting ground. If you’re struggling with places like Aakman or Hystria Ruins, this can be a good location for you to hone your skills.
- You can open the entrance to Kratuga Ancient Ruins at a certain location in Hasrah Ancient Ruins for a limited time by using Black Spirit's Claw Piece or an Unsealed Ruins Slate.
- Unsealed Ruins Slates can be obtained by combining Sealed Ruins Slate x3 which is dropped by monsters in Kratuga Ancient Ruins.
- Recommended AP for Kratuga Ancient Ruins: 250 or higher AP
- ● Crystal of Elkarr, a new crystal that can be transfused into main weapon slots, was added.
Crystal of Elkarr
Black Magic Crystal - Precision x1
Forest Fury x2
Magical Shard x10
- The new item gives All Accuracy +12 and Ignore All Resistance +10% when equipped.
- Elkarr, the material needed to make Crystal of Elkarr, can be obtained in the new hunting ground Kratuga Ancient Ruins as a very rare drop.
- ● Open Season Comes to an End!
Open Season, the golden opportunity to defeat monsters!
The finale approaches…
Event 1. Adventurer Aid Items - Part II
① Play Black Desert during the event period.
② Acquire the following items through Challenge (Y) according to your accumulated play time.
- October 9, 2019 (Tue) 00:00 - October 23, 2019 (Wed) at 23:59
Event 2. +50% Item Drop Rate!
① Applied to all servers during the event period!
② +50% drop rate for all items obtainable through defeating monsters, such as accessories, junk items, and etc.
- October 8, 2019 (Tue) after maintenance - October 16, 2019 (Wed) before maintenance
- ● 1 Loyalty Specials
It’s the daily loyalty special event! Where you can buy different items for 1 loyalty every day.
Make sure not to miss out on these specials.
- October 8, 2019 after maintenance - October 23, 2019 before maintenance
New and Improvements
| ALL CLASSES
- ● Head Chase I, II III were changed to Head Chase.
- Skill points used for the previous skills will be returned.
- ● The new awakening skills " Frenzied Strikes I, II, III" were added.
● Shai has discovered a new ability.
- Shai can now ride Wagons and Camels.
- ● The following skills will not have their buffs activated when used due to an issue where DP was being applied abnormally.
- Misty Haze
- ● The same rules will be applied for moving items from Storage to Mount Inventory as with moving items from Inventory to Mount Inventory.
- This is only true for mounts on land.
- This does not apply to guild mounts.
- ● Celerity Draught and Unbridled Celerity Draught were added. These items are useful when Training for long periods of time.
- ● Fixed the issue where the guild boss monster Ahib Griffon would disappear occasionally while it is in flight.
- ● Fixed the issue where certains monsters would interfere with the progress of the quest "Impossible Task" by the Southwestern Gateway.
- These monsters were moved farther away from the roadside.
- ● The effect of lowering all Adventurers' DP by -50 will now be properly applied when the following monsters in Mirumok Ruins self-destruct.
- Mirumok Lookout
- Mirumok Watcher
- ● Fixed the issue where the boss monsters summoned from Awakened Boss Monster Summon Scrolls would not disappear after 30 minutes have passed after its initial summoning.
| NPC, BACKGROUND, SOUND
- ● Fixed the issue where certain masts were not visible when logging into the game in the middle of the ocean.
- ● Fixed the issue where certain NPCs by Shady Tree Forest appeared to be floating in mid-air.
- ● Fixed the issue where certain NPCs in Old Wisdom Tree appeared to be buried in the ground.
| QUEST & KNOWLEDGE
- ● Added an explaination for how to use the folowing summon scrolls.
- [Boss] Illezra's Creation
- [Boss] Helm Tribes' Shield
- [Boss] Slayer of the Arena"
- ● Fixed an awkward text in the summary for the quests "Desire for Power". The quest completion text was also shortened.
- ● The quest objective for the quest "[Repeat] Evidence of Someone" was changed to fishing Snapped Ropes x3.
- ● Fixed the issue where the horse saddle icon and stirrup icon locations were changed in the Dye (J) window.
- ● The prices displayed for Volatile Price Items in the Central Market will no longer displayed the base price if the base price overlaps with the changed price.
- ● The graph showing the market price for the past 30 days was added to the Web Central Market.
- This graph will appear when you check the item details.
- ● Fixed the issue where the scroll bar would go back up when moving items from the Guild Storage after pulling the scroll bar down.
- ● Color was added for the hotkey "Acquire All (R)" in the Get Item window.
- ● The Worker Exchange was changed to display each of the worker's level.
- ● Fixed the issue where the message "Please try again in a few moments." would be displayed for the party leader when someone accepts the party invite.
- ● Fixed the issue where the message "This character does not exist, or is out of range." would appear when the guild Galley would be under repair and then go to the Repair window of an NPC.
- ● Made improvements so that details about the mount skills can be seen from the skill icons.
- ● The workload and output were doubled for farming, gathering, mining, and lumbering production nodes.
- ● Fixed the issue where the camera would move abnormally when getting out of Observe Mode using the ESC button after getting on a mount.
- ● Fixed a typo in the description for the quest "A Time of Rest Before the Journey".
- ● Fixed the issue where "Auto Loop" button size was abnormal.
- ● The "Set Auto-run Path" panel was changed to be displayed in the bottom right locations of the "Set Auto-run Path" icon.
- ● The "Set Auto-run Path" panel was fixed so the button slot highlight would disappear when opening than closing the panel."
- ● Fixed the issue where the ship's durability and related warning messages were not being displayed.
- ● You can now see your Storage using through the Maid function even if you do not have a Maid off cooldown.
- ● Fixed the issue where wrong items were being displayed in the message window when dying horse saddles and stirrups.
- ● Fixed the issue where the help window would not be displayed when pressing the question mark button in the New Story window.
- ● The function to edit the Stamina bar was added to the UI Edit Mode.
- ● When logging in with a new account, only the new UI will be displayed.
- ● Added messages to be displayed when using the Voice Chat UI in certain situations.
- ● Fixed the issue where only numbers would be displayed in the life skill rankings for adventurers with life skill levels higher than Guru 21.
- ● The Capture Location in the Fish Guide was changed from "Can be caught, somewhere" to "..."
- ● The method of saving for the function "Set Auto-run Path" in the World Map was improved.
Changes and Fixes● Fixed the issue where furniture would appear too brightly in Place Mode when using Very Low Graphics settings.
- ● Fixed the camera angles that were used for social interactions with NPCs in Duvencrune, Grána, and Southwestern Gateway in Serendia.
● Oquilla Coast was added between Lema Island and Eye of Oquilla.
- ● A Safe Zone was added in the southern ocean region of Eye of Oquilla."
- ● Fixed the issue where the Received Mail List (B) would not refresh occasionally when pressing the Delete button.
- ● Fixed the issue where an auto-run path going to Eye of Oquilla would appear abnormally.
- ● Fixed the issue where the message explaining server change restrictions would not appear for characters that are below Lv. 5.
- ● Groups 4 and 5 were added to the Pet List to allow more groups to be saved.
● The items Old Flame Tower, Old Hwacha, Oil for Old Flame Tower, Old Hwacha Arrows were removed from the guild Shop purchase list as they were not popular items.
- However, these items in the Guild Storage or character Inventory cannot be used."
● Fixed the issue where the correct types of resulting items were not being displayed when Mass Processing.
- The issue where the same types of items were overlaping.
- The issue where the wrong item would be displayed in the tooltip."
- ● Fixed the issue where the client would re-login when starting the first voyage.
- ● Fixed certain awkward item descriptions for ship registrations and horse emblems.
- ● Fixed the issue where certain furniture could not be placed in the 2nd floor of the Olvia 2-4 residence.
- ● Fixed the issue where ‘Rulupee's Lightweight Adventure Bag’ item icon cannot be seen.
- ● Wacky Toshi on Weita Island and Iliya Island were fixed to exchange Marni's Stone (Stone Waragon) and Marni's Stone (Stone Waragon) II.
We hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert,