1. Event Details and Participation
- For more information about the Black Desert event details and participation conditions, please refer to [Homepage > NEWS > Events].
- The Company reserves the right to change or discontinue the specifics of each event depending on the circumstances. If changes are made, they can be found on the relevant event page.
- If the contents of the event page and winner announcement notice differ from the Event Rules, then the contents of the event page and winner announcement notice shall prevail.
- The Company is not liable if you could not participate in the event due to personal network instability and will not provide any form of compensation.
- For offline events, any losses and accidents will abide by the terms of each event's insurance policy.
2. Terms for Event Winners
- Announcement of the winners and the delivery schedule of the prizes can be confirmed immediately or announced separately on the homepage notice according to each event.
- Only one account can participate in one event, and repeat winners are not allowed. However, if the event page separately specifies, then repeat winners will be allowed.
- The selection process for event winners is as follows.
- The winner’s data will be collected to confirm their eligibility for the event prize.
- Winners that do not meet the Company’s criteria will be excluded following the guidelines below.
1. Determine if the winner has violated the Operational Policy or used inappropriate methods to participate in the event.
2. Determine if the winner has previously won within the past 3 month. (May differ depending on each event)
3. Determine if the winner is connected or associated with the Company.
- Event winners will be randomly selected after excluding the cases above.
1. The probability of winning and selection process will not be disclosed.
- The following cases may be excluded from winning the prize and lead to retrieving the item even after you win the event.
(1) Participating in the event with someone else’s account or fraudulent account information.
(2) Participating in the event with inappropriate methods (account/identity theft, bug usage, abusing, theft of someone else’s post, and etc).
(3) The winner requests the deletion of their account or their account is permanently restricted for violating the Terms of Service/Operational Policy.
(4) The winner has been restricted within the past 6 month for exploiting the game contents or systems and other such violations of the Operational Policy.
(5) Participating in the event with an inappropriate family or character name.
(6) The winner does not agree to the collection of their shipping information necessary for prize delivery or does not provide their shipping information before the deadline.
(7) The winner does not provide the personal shipping information necessary for prize delivery or personal information necessary for tax/customs.
(8) The winner’s name does not match the prize recipient’s name.
(9) In the case the winner cannot be contacted at their provided shipping information or the shipped prizes are returned due to absence/inaccurate address.
(10) The winner does not submit an identification copy when a prize requires taxes/customs or does not pay the taxes/customs.
(11) The winner does not clearly specify their intention to accept the prize or discloses their intention to refuse the prize.
3. Prizes and delivery information
- All prizes may be changed to other products of equal value without prior notice according to internal circumstances.
- The Company shall not be involved in any loss incurred from participating in the event and the use of the prizes, and related disputes and claims shall be governed by the relevant laws and regulations.
- Prizes are not transferable and the winner cannot ask for real money or actual product of the same value.
- The following cases apply to an event that provide the prize.
1) For the delivery of physical prizes, the winner’s shipping information and consent will be collected.
2) Please provide the correct address and contact number for the event.
3) If the company receives multiple shipping information, then the prize will be shipped to the most recent address that was provided before the deadline.
(4) The prize will be delivered in batches after checking individual identification.
(5) If the winner receives a prize that requires the payment of tax/customs, then the company will separately provide the winner with a copy of the bank account for deposit and identification that is necessary to pay the tax/customs.
(6) Following the Company’s guidance, the winners are required to pay the tax/custom and submit a copy of their identification. The winner should submit a copy of their identification even if the company pays the tax/custom.
(7) Delivery can be delayed due to company and internal circumstances, and please contact customer support if you have any related inquiries.
What are the taxes/duties?
In accordance with any applicable tax laws and regulations, certain kinds of tax such as income tax may be imposed on the prize. In case of overseas shipment, additional tax or import duties may be imposed or occur.
- The following cases apply prizes that are in-game goods and items.
1) An account that does not have characters created in the game at the time of providing rewards cannot be given.
2) Prizes can only be received once per account unless stated otherwise on the relevant event page.
3) Prizes may have restrictions on trading, selling, usage periods, and each item may have different bound settings. The items cannot be transferred or restored due to these reasons.
(4) Please check the item description in the game for details of item's status such as bound and etc.
(5) Prizes that are already received may be difficult to be restored/recovered if normally consumed or deleted. It is also subject to change if it is unbalanced or harmful on balance or operation.
(6) Prizes will be delivered through the in-game mail after the winner’s announcement on the following regular maintenance. However, if the event page provides a separate date, then the delivery will be on that date.
(7) Each event may have expiration dates for the prize delivery mail. The expiration date can be checked from the in-game mail.
4. Event Notice
- The following will apply to post-sharing events
1) The social media URL you post must be set to public, and we’ll need to be able to check the post through the URL you’ve provided at the time of the winner announcement.
2) The company has the right to the Secondary Copyrights of all submitted prize-winning works, such as screenshots and other works, for the purpose of providing or promoting our services without any restrictions to time or region. However, in the case of payments or transfer for the works, then the creator’s prior consent will be obtained.
3) If the family/character name, guild name, and all other identifiable characters that are exposed to the posting are inappropriate, the winner may be disqualified.
4) If the name of the publication of the event entry is not identified within the actual game, it may be excluded from the winning contest.
5) You may be disqualified as the winner and prize withdrawn if your work is found to be stolen or violate copyright laws.
(6) Additional personal information (name, email address, contact information, address, etc.) may be collected to send rewards to winners. The information will be destroyed after the rewards are sent.
(7) Personal information (Facebook name, ID) may be revealed in the winner announcement. You are consenting to the collection and sharing of your personal information by participating in the event.
(8) After the winner’s announcement, disclosed personal information will be deleted once its purpose is fulfilled.
The following will apply during Hot-Time events.
1) Combat EXP benefits will apply separately from scrolls, potions, Value Packages, but does not stack with buffs from other sources.
2) Combat EXP up benefits will apply separately from scrolls, potions, Value Packs, but does not stack with buffs from other sources.
3) Combat EXP up benefits will not apply to characters below level 50. However, Life and Skill EXP UP event benefits will apply to all levels.
4) Combat and Skill EXP Up benefits stack with the other buff effects.
- The following will apply to event Challenges.
1) Event Challenges can be completed once per family every day.
2) Event Challenges reset every day at midnight (00:00) and only accounts for your play time between 00:00 - 23:59 of that day.
3) The calculation of your play time for event Challenges may be delayed if you change servers, enter the character selection window, enter the customization window, and if you play past midnight.
- The following will apply to Login Reward events.
(1) You can collect a second login reward when you play for an hour (or more) every Saturday and Sunday. This only applies to Adventurers that have less than the maximum number of login rewards available. If you have received all your login rewards, then you cannot receive the second login reward.
(2) Login rewards for each day are given once per family during the event period.
(3) Items from login rewards are stored in the [Black Spirit’s Safe] after logging in. Accumulated rewards can also be found in this menu.
(4) Login rewards can be collected from ESC > [Attendance Reward].
(5) The login rewards resets at midnight (00:00). There may be a slight delay before the login reward is credited if you play past midnight. Make sure to log in before 23:59 to collect login rewards from the previous day.
(6) Attendance for the previous day will not be credited if it is past midnight.
5. Personal Information Protection
- The winner’s personal information may be collected for the purpose of prize delivery. For this case, the winner’s agreement will also be collected.
- Personal information (such as the winner's name, contact information, etc.), collected for the purpose of prize shipping and handling, will be destroyed after the prize is delivered. Except in cases where the personal information must be retained to follow the relevant laws.
- Personal information (such as the winner’s name, character name, email account, web nickname, etc.) may be posted on the homepage to announce the winner.
Revision Date: 2019.07.12